Re: [NH] MyIE2 and Mozilla (was Pop-ups Good, Bad and Ugly)

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 27, 2002
      Harvey:

      > I don't use any browsers other than Netscape and Mozilla,
      > nothing thats a new face for IE so I'm not familiar with any
      > of them.

      > I don't think I can answer your question, I'm not sure what a
      > Sub-window is unless it's a nameless pop-up.

      It gives full MIDI-support just like in Word or Excel (at least the /97
      versions).
      If you have 5 or 6 tabs open and click on the "Restore" window the
      "tabs" all get cascaded or horizontally or vertically arranged only
      within the MyIE2 overall window.

      A good example of where its useful: If you are looking at (forinstance)
      a TV guide schedule, you can click on one of the links and the "episode
      summary" pops up on top of the "base" page so you can quickly read it,
      leave it up and click on the link for a different show etc... this part
      is normal pop-up logic and would work the same in vanilla-IE or (I
      think) Opera or Mozilla. But you can do the same thing with
      (forinstance) a Google search results - page: Leave it occupying almost
      the whole Big-window, and click on inividual links to see if they are
      what you want and have them appear as if they were popups but still
      leave the base-page visible.

      I find it a very useful way to browse sometimes ...

      As I said, I think Opera 6 (maybe 5 and 6?) offers much the same
      feature, but I haven't found any evidence that it exists or is planned
      for Mozilla.

      --
      Regards ... Alec