Re: [NH] Pop-ups Good, Bad and Ugly (was: viewing source code)

  • Neil Felton
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 26, 2002
      Thank you Ron, re -

      Ron Woodall wrote:

      > ...........Caution though with the use of the
      > underscore character in your naming conventions. I'd recommend you only use
      > it with the reserved target arguments............
      >

      >So you are saying, new, is not a conventional target name and it is not wise
      to use it with an underscore. Do you suggest I do not use, new, but instead
      use, blank? Or if I want to have the new page accessible from other sources to
      use, target="new" ? And is that the same as saying target="anyname" ?
      Neil
    • Ron Woodall
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 26, 2002
        Hi Lotta:

        At 05:08 PM 9/26/02 +0200, you wrote:

        >Hi Ron,
        >
        >It works in my IE5 or at least I thought so. It opens the linked to page in
        >IEs Favorites/Search pane. Is there more to it?

        I don't know. I've never been able to decypher MSIE's description
        "it opens a search window" and relate it to something functional. But,
        thanks for your input. I'll experiment some more in a few weeks.

        Thanks

        Ron

        Ron Woodall
        nor@...