Re: [NH] modified SBMH

  • Edwardson Tan
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 16, 2002
      > Using Mozilla 1.2.b, most current as of Sept. 15, in the
      pm. The only
      > aberration that appeared to me was at the bottom, under
      Recapitulation,

      > The second, blue bar that is supposed to be
      'align:justify' is flush
      > with the left margin with with quite a bit of (blue,
      white space) at the
      > right margin, less than a full screen-width line.

      > I think it's not a matter of not displaying properly, I
      think there is
      > not enough content in that single line for the browser to
      justify
      > correctly, it would look very strange if that line were
      stretched to a
      > full screen line.
      >
      > If I decrease or increase the window width the spacing
      does vary as the
      > browser tries to justify.
      >
      > I try to keep my browser window at about 800px,
      >
      > hrs

      Yes, the first two blocks (div.percent0 and div.percent1) in
      that Recapitulation section don't have enough content to
      reach the right margin. They're also both flushed against
      the left gold border since no paddings have been specified.

      Hey, I didn't know Moz1.2 was out. Am still using Moz1.0.
      AFAIK it's the most stable one??? I've donwloaded Moz1.1 but
      don't have a spare machine to install it in right now.

      Thanks for checking the page :-)

      --
      Edwardson
    • Edwardson Tan
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 16, 2002
        loro wrote:
        > Edwardson Tan wrote:
        >
        >>Am testing a modification of the SBMH (simplified box model
        >>hack).
        >
        > <snip>
        >
        >>test page:
        >>http://www.info.com.ph/~etan/w3pantheon/style/modsbmhtest.html
        >

        > Works fine here. Win2K Pro. Tested in IE5, Moz1.0,
        Moz1.1, K-Mel 0.65,
        > Opera 6.05, Opera 6.04, Opera 6.0, Opera 3.60.
        >
        > Nice one!
        >
        > Lotta

        Thanks for checking in so many browsers! From feedback thus
        far the hack seems to be well received by browsers on the
        PC. My biggest worry now is IE5.x on the mac. I'm not sure
        how it reacts to escaped properties ( w\idth and \width).

        --
        Edwardson
      • hsavage
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 16, 2002
          º Edwardson Tan wrote:
          º
          º Using Mozilla 1.2.b, most current as of Sept. 15, in the
          º pm.
          º
          º
          º Hey, I didn't know Moz1.2 was out. Am still using Moz1.0.
          º AFAIK it's the most stable one??? I've downloaded Moz1.1 but
          º don't have a spare machine to install it in right now.
          º
          º Thanks for checking the page :-)

          Hi E.T.,

          Moz1.2b is still in beta but right now it's as stable as any version
          I've tried.

          I average 2 beta downloads 'nearly' every day, once in a while 3. At
          the moment there are only 2 minor bugs in it and 1 of them is in v1.0
          and NS7.

          Seems to have a problem with certain cookies, but eventually they will
          figure that out.

          hrs