Note Tab and PHP-code

  • Bruce Somers
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 16, 2002
      Hello - I have been told of Note Tab Pro that

      -- The editor itself is very customizable. It has Syntax highlighting for plain HTML,
      -- and can be configured to syntax-highlight PHP too.

      -- You can get NoteTab Pro to highlight PHP code by letting it know under the
      -- options menu that PHP or PHP3 files should be parsed. To make it a comprehensive
      -- editor for PHP one could develop "clipbook" add-ons that provide all the necessary
      -- syntax etc.

      Can someone provide a little bit more detail. I have looked under
      View/Options

      but have apparently not found the correct settings. My PHP-code is being highlighted
      as HTML-code. "less-than" and "greater-than" signs are being treated as parts of
      HTML-tags.

      Thanks for any assistance. Bruce

      Die clevere Geldreserve: der DiBa-Privatkredit. Funktioniert wie ein Dispo,
      ist aber viel g√ľnstiger! Alle Infos: http://diba.web.de/?mc=021104
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 16, 2002
        Hi Bruce,

        >Hello - I have been told of Note Tab Pro that
        >
        >-- The editor itself is very customizable. It has Syntax
        >highlighting for plain HTML,
        >-- and can be configured to syntax-highlight PHP too.

        Sorry, but you were misled. NoteTab can only highlight the
        regular HTML code at this time. Fully customizable syntax
        highlighting is scheduled for the next program released which
        will be an editor geared towards programmers and script writers.
        There will be default highlighting for the major programming
        languages and scripting codes. The user will be able to define
        what to highlight making it completely customizable. The
        customization will be in a text based format in separate files
        for each language so users can share them with each other. Whole
        highlighting schemes will be available for the user to define as
        well.

        Version 5 of NoteTab will require a lot of time due to a total
        rewrite of the program, but will have fully customizable syntax
        highlighting as mentioned above. There will most likely be a 50%
        discount for registered users of NoteTab 4.xx and most likely users
        of the new program. We do not know a release date, but it is being
        worked on.

        http://www.notetab.net

        Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options