Re: [NH] Change browser?

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 11, 2002
      Hi zgasmi,

      You might try starting NoteTab from the commandline using a
      feature to tell NoteTab not to use DDE when launching files to
      open in your browser.

      An example is inserting the following in your Windows Start | Run
      field. (You need to change the path if you installed NoteTab
      elsewhere.)

      "C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\NotePro.exe" /dde=false

      From Help:
      /DDE=True/False
      By default, NoteTab uses DDE to communicate with the Internet
      Explorer, Netscape, and Opera browsers. However, on some faulty
      systems (notably Windows ME), DDE calls can cause a system crash.
      To avoid such crashes, you can disable the DDE feature by using
      the /DDE=False switch. If you want to re-enable DDE at a later
      stage, use the /DDE=True switch. It is only necessary to use this
      switch once as the setting is remembered across NoteTab sessions.

      DDE is an acronym for Dynamic Data Exchange, an interprocess
      communication system built into Windows. DDE enables two running
      applications to share the same data. For example, DDE makes it
      possible to load a new page in a browser from Album Express without
      executing a second instance of the browser.

      The switch is essentially for Windows ME users. Some ME systems have
      a glitch that cause software to hang when a DDE communication is
      initiated.

      >my question pertains to setting : dde false
      >
      >before having 'win me' everything was fine..
      >now while trying to launching a browser ain from notetab, the program
      >is hanging..
      >
      >i suspect a bug in win me.
      >is there a way to correct this through the command line, and how to
      >use it? should it be saved as a clip??

      Happy Clip'n!
      Jody

      http://www.notetab.net