Re: [NH] Change browser?

  • zgasmi
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 11, 2002
      i do not intend to change a browser..
      before having win me everything was fine..

      i suspect a bug in win me.
      is there a way to correct this through the command line, and how to
      use it? should it be saved as a clip??

      thank for ur help
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 11, 2002
        Hi zgasmi,

        You might try starting NoteTab from the commandline using a
        feature to tell NoteTab not to use DDE when launching files to
        open in your browser.

        An example is inserting the following in your Windows Start | Run
        field. (You need to change the path if you installed NoteTab
        elsewhere.)

        "C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\NotePro.exe" /dde=false

        From Help:
        /DDE=True/False
        By default, NoteTab uses DDE to communicate with the Internet
        Explorer, Netscape, and Opera browsers. However, on some faulty
        systems (notably Windows ME), DDE calls can cause a system crash.
        To avoid such crashes, you can disable the DDE feature by using
        the /DDE=False switch. If you want to re-enable DDE at a later
        stage, use the /DDE=True switch. It is only necessary to use this
        switch once as the setting is remembered across NoteTab sessions.

        DDE is an acronym for Dynamic Data Exchange, an interprocess
        communication system built into Windows. DDE enables two running
        applications to share the same data. For example, DDE makes it
        possible to load a new page in a browser from Album Express without
        executing a second instance of the browser.

        The switch is essentially for Windows ME users. Some ME systems have
        a glitch that cause software to hang when a DDE communication is
        initiated.

        >my question pertains to setting : dde false
        >
        >before having 'win me' everything was fine..
        >now while trying to launching a browser ain from notetab, the program
        >is hanging..
        >
        >i suspect a bug in win me.
        >is there a way to correct this through the command line, and how to
        >use it? should it be saved as a clip??

        Happy Clip'n!
        Jody

        http://www.notetab.net