Re: [NH] Inline, Position and text flow. How?

  • Rudolf Horbas
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 28, 2002
      Wright, John - Textron Financial wrote:
      > I downloaded SimpleServer, and as you said, it is simple to install and use.
      > Within a few minutes, I was serving up pages. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem
      > to support includes, unless I did something wrong. It's too bad because it
      > is easy to use. I looked at the Apache site, and it's overwhelming - I don't
      > even know where to begin. I think I'll give one of the other suggestions
      > (FoxServ ot Indigo Pearl) a shot.

      I found that regular includes don't work on many servers (probably
      disabled by sysadmins). If You don't need SSI (Server Side Includes),
      give PHP a try:

      <?PHP
      include ("myfooter.html");
      ?>

      You'll need PHP, of course (http://www.php.net/downloads.php), and
      You'll have to configure Simple Server to have *.php* files parsed by
      php.exe (don't know how, haven't used Simple Server for a while).
      The file which is to include the sub-file will have to have the file
      ending php, php3 or php4, depending Your system config, while the file
      to include may have any ending ( *.inc by convention).

      To make all this NoteTab-relevant, here's a little clip for the include:

      -------copy below-------
      H="include file"
      <?PHP
      include ("^?[Name of file:]");