Re: Inline, Position and text flow. How?

  • thefrankwmx
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 27, 2002
      hi yves-marie,

      I suspect the fundamental issue here is mixing table layout methods
      with CSS layout methods. there are several issues that arise here.
      many display and linking problems when using CSS methods within td or
      th. and these vary greatly cross-browser and cross platform.

      why not build the result page using CSS for all formatting and forget
      the table structure. I have found that my server-side and JS print
      drivers work fine this way with none, or very few, of the hiccups you
      are describing.

      you can also run apache with PHP on your local sys to demo includes
      or requires. there is much help available on the web to install these
      on MS platforms. if you go this route be sure to add mySQL or PostGRE
      for a database. then you really have a powerful backend IMHO.

      regards,

      tf
      http://thefrank.com