[NH] Re: Quick clip access was To capitalise or not to...

  • Kay Roath
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 21, 1999
      06/21/1999 9:02 AM Glenn Dixon wrote
      > one question.....if I am typing in a document window, what's the fastest way
      > to shift the focus back to the clip window so I can type 'b' and move right
      > to Bold? Is there a keystroke combination for this?

      Besides jumping to thr clip area or using In-Context or F2,
      there's now the HTML-ar Library. To get <b></b> inserted
      into the document, you would type <b followed by a space
      (check the About clip for other keys that work also). If
      you have text that you want surrounded by <b></b>,
      highlight the text and press Escape then <b then Enter.

      Of course, you need to have auto replace turned on for
      things to work as I've described in my mostly lower case
      way:)

      --- Grandma Kay ---
      http://notetab.kay.net

      eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-html
    • Rod Davies
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 21, 1999
        I feel Clip libraries are best seen as "samples" or "examples". They are
        offered to the Note Tab community as a way for sharing what has proved
        useful to an individual, (and free of charge too!). Therefore the
        inconsistency.. but when you think about it, consistency is not what clips
        are about really... and the USP of Note Tab is that you can customise it to
        work the way you want, for a trade off in learning curves....

        The key is to put all the clips you feel are useful for you in your own
        personal library(ies), edit them if necessary, and away you go... My tip is
        to choose an existing library which is close to what you want, review and
        edit if necessary each clip, and then copy clips you like from other
        libraries into it, again editing as you go, It could take as little as 30
        minutes to an afternoon.... It takes a small investment of time for a
        highly personal and customised solution.

        I am forever grateful to those who upload their clip libraries as I didn't
        have to start from scratch. But it would be almost impossible for someone's
        customised solution to match exactly another person's needs.

        Changing all tags in a clip library to upper or lower case is a 2 minute
        job, I am sure, once you know...

        And I'm pretty sure there is a menu item or clip which does it
        automatically. ..Though I'm not sure where it is (:-)!

        But I guess my main point is that Clips are not part of NT per se but like
        add-ons or "macro's" which extend functionality and customization.

        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 23, 1999
          Rod Davies wrote:
          [Rod, please don't put a fullqoute after your message]

          > The key is to put all the clips you feel are useful for you in your own
          > personal library(ies), edit them if necessary, and away you go...

          JAp. But it's nice if you give the author of the clip a tip what you have
          missed and what you would have prefered. This way, the author can decide
          wether to take this suggestion into the library or not.

          Why should you do so?
          Because the next time a new version of your best liked library comes out,
          you have to do your changes again. And again.

          > But I guess my main point is that Clips are not part of NT per se but like
          > add-ons or "macro's" which extend functionality and customization.

          Oh, there are clips - but you can't include all cliplibraries which are
          available on the website. :o)
          Nicole

          --
          »So, you're searching for alien life forms? Don't you meet
          enough strange people in discussion lists like this one? ;o)«

          eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-html