[NH] Re: CSS, XHTML, XML, etc.

    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 12, 2000
      Hi Larry,

      > I have the copyright symbol in most pages, and it is the c in a
      > circle, not "©". When I copied and pasted the copyright
      > symbol into a clip, it is not finding the symbol.

      Sorry for the late reply - we are pressing hard to get the 4.8
      version released. Here is a down and dirty, no mercy Clip that
      will replace all the characters for you. Be careful with it - it
      does *all* open documents in NoteTab and then saves them if you
      put in the ;^!Save All line. Just reverse the characters if you
      were meaning the other way around. I have a Clip called, Eric's
      Blah, Blah, Blah that removes all the HTML special code. Ask me
      if I care if some browsers can't read it? <vbg>

      H=Global © !!!
      ^!Replace "©" >> "©" TGWAS
      ;^!Save All

      http://www.sureword.com/notetab

      The NoteTab and Html List...
      mailto:Ntb-html-Subscribe@...
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 12, 2000
        Hi All,

        Would one of you HTMLperts be kind enough to give me a glossary
        type definition for the HTML file types that NoteTab supports? I
        realize that is very broad. What's worse, it needs to be written
        in a way that somebody new to computers can understand it. If
        you can start it off and keep it to the length below that would
        be great. If you feel that it is too brad to do it that way,
        then make a separate definition for each, maybe the HTML types in
        one, then ASP and anything else like that under their own
        headers, but do please, keep it basic, simple, and as short as
        possible. Also, please do it as soon as possible - like
        yesterday. <bg> I realize that is a tall order, but thought one
        of you could know it out in no time at all. Those are about all
        I lack now for a 125 word glossary that have been proofed a few
        times now - wouldn't hurt if anybody else wants to read it? :)
        Danke!

        HTML
        HTML is an acronym for...

        to about here.

        TIA

        http://www.sureword.com/notetab

        The NoteTab and Html List...
        mailto:Ntb-html-Subscribe@...
      • Lloyd
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 12, 2000
          Hi Larry,

          >I tried ^!Find © and ^!Find ALT+0169, I also tried the same, but with ""
          >around the search string, both returned serach string not found in
          >document, and I manually placed the cursor at 1:1. I also checked help
          >and verified my recollection that there is no preset variable for the
          >copyright symbol. Is there some trick to finding it that I am
          >overlooking?

          I don't remember what you are running but if it is a pc with windows,
          change your keyboard to United States - International in the Control Panel
          and when you hit the right ALT and c at the same time, you get ©. The ALT+C
          gives you ¢.

          Lloyd
        • lmhamilton@juno.com
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 12, 2000
            Melchior,

            On Sat, 12 Feb 2000 23:46:12 +0100 melchior prisi <mprisi@...>
            writes:
            > ^!find � IST
            >
            > works.
            >
            > IST means:
            > I: Ignores character case
            > S: Silent search.
            > T: Does not search for whole words only (search string can be found
            > within longer words).

            Thanks, I forgot about the 'T' tag, the 'I' had no effect in this case,
            (Are there upper and lowercase copyright symbols? <grin>).

            I used ^!Find "�" TS and it worked.

            Too many late nights.... Gee... you don't suppose that Eric and Jody know
            anything about late nights?

            THANKS!

            Larry Hamilton, Jr. lmhamilton@...
            http://www.HamiltonGenSociety.org/
            My Web Site: http://notlimaH.tripod.com

            Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
            http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.
          • lmhamilton@juno.com
            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 12, 2000
              Jody,

              On Sat, 12 Feb 2000 17:04:18 -0600 Jody <KJB1611@...> writes:
              > H=Global � !!!
              > ^!Replace "�" >> "©" TGWAS
              > ;^!Save All

              Thanks! As I mentioned to Melchior, I forgot about the 'T' in Find and
              Replace clips.

              The above clip will help in another clip I need to update. It is for a
              text file that is updated several times a month and has lots of "&" in it
              that need to be changed to "&" before it is converted to HTML, so
              that any "&whatever;" are not changed to "&&whatever;"

              Trying to write clips to update my HTML pages, taught me about YAVNF (Yet
              Another Valuable NoteTab Feature) [maybe Eric can add that to the e-mail
              acronym clip <grin>], that will come in handy in other areas as well.

              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 12, 2000
                Hi Larry,

                >> ^!Replace "©" >> "©" TGWAS

                >The above clip will help in another clip I need to update. It is for a
                >text file that is updated several times a month and has lots of "&" in it
                >that need to be changed to "&" before it is converted to HTML, so
                >that any "&whatever;" are not changed to "&&whatever;"

                ^!Replace "&" "&" WAS

                ;)

                Thanks for the defs - I'll post them.:)

                Bye for now,
                Jody Adair
                Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

                http://www.sureword.com/sojourner
                http://www.sureword.com/kjb1611
                http://www.sureword.com/notetab
              • Colby Glass
                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 27, 2000
                  lmhamilto-@... wrote:
                  original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-html/?start=291
                  >I want an easy way to replace all the
                  > symbols in 100 plus documents (small by some standards, but still too
                  > much for manual editing). I can look for the other information around
                  it,
                  > and do a replace of the information around it, but that makes for more
                  > effort? Any one else have that problem?

                  Hi, Larry. I had the same problem. I am webmaster of a huge indexing
                  site--over 600 pages of html. I periodically need to change something.
                  I find that the best utility is "Search and Replace 98". It is freeware
                  and you can find it at Tucows. Good luck... colby
                • lmhamilton@juno.com
                  Message 8 of 14 , Feb 27, 2000
                    Hi colby,

                    On Sun, 27 Feb 2000 08:09:09 -0800 "Colby Glass" <colby46@...>
                    writes:
                    > lmhamilto-@... wrote:
                    > original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-html/?start=291
                    >> Any one else have that problem?
                    > Hi, Larry. I had the same problem. I am webmaster of a huge indexing
                    > site--over 600 pages of html. I periodically need to change
                    > something. I find that the best utility is "Search and Replace 98". It
                    is
                    > freeware and you can find it at Tucows. Good luck... colby

                    If I remember correctly, my problem was incorrect syntax with the search
                    & replace operation in my clip. I excluded the option for the item I was
                    searching for being within another string, and not separated by spaces.
                    It has been a long day, I am not sure that last sentence was clear.
                    Anyway, thanks for sharing about the freeware. I will keep that in the
                    back of my mind if it turns out that I need it.