Re: [NH] Document Type Declaration

  • Don Passenger
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 31 8:59 AM
      I vote use transitional. It allows you to still use deprecated tags.

      --
      Don Passenger
      mailto:dpasseng@...
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 31 12:17 PM
        > Jody wrote:
        >
        > Hi Once Again,
        >
        > (I kind of figure its my turn to ask them all. ;)
        >
        > I purposely left out the opening arrows so it would post OK.
        >
        > DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
        >
        > or
        >
        > DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"
        "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">

        > or...
        >

        > Happy HTML'n!
        > Jody

        Hi Jody,

        I'm surely not an expert but I've been using the following;

        <!

        DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN"
        "DTD/xhtml1-strict.DTD">
        <head>

        There's very little difference in effect on the display with yours or mine.

        I'll probably be trying you sample declaration on a few of my pages.
        BTW, didn't yours start with a left arrow and an exclamation point like
        mine did?

        hrs
      • Greg Chapman
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 1, 2002
          Hi Jody,

          I cheat! I don't put in a DOCTYPE and leave HTMLTIdy to work out the
          appropriate one from what it finds in my code!

          Easy!

          Greg