Re: [NH] Search Engine Criteria

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 29 12:27 PM
      Jody:

      > Do the search engines search all the web pages at a
      site to give
      > a rating if only the index page is listed on the search
      engines?

      There is a search engine called Kartoo
      http://www.kartoo.com/ which gives a graphical
      representation of how search terms are organized. It
      allows you to simultaneously search with a number of
      different engines and / or focus on specific ones.

      The "size" of the button gives (I think) a measure of how
      "important" a particular site is re a particular search
      term.

      I've uploaded a screenshot of the results of searching
      for
      just keyword "Notetab" to:

      th_Kartoo.jpg

      use Lotta's "UrlRun.exe" if the above link gets broken
      ;--)
      (you'll have to "join")

      It won't help you make the results come out the way you
      want - someone else will have to weigh in on that, but it
      seems to be a nice way to find out what other searchers
      are probably finding in their own searches.

      FWIW:
      Search "Notetab" top 3 are:

      www.notetab.com ( AllTheWeb Altavista Yahoo ToileQuebec )
      www.fookes.com ( AllTheWeb Altavista ToileQuebec )
      www.notetab.net ( AllTheWeb Altavista ToileQuebec )

      Search "Mailbag Assistant" top 3 are:
      www.fookes.com ( AllTheWeb Altavista ToileQuebec )
      www.quality-shareware.com ( Altavista ToileQuebec )
      www.sharewarejunkies.com ( AllTheWeb Altavista
      ToileQuebec )

      Search "Mailbag Assistant MBA" top 3 are:
      www.tr1be.com ( AllTheWeb Altavista ToileQuebec )
      www.fookes.com ( AllTheWeb Altavista ToileQuebec )
      www.washington.edu ( Altavista ToileQuebec )

      Regards ... Alec