Re: [NH] Three and Four Pane Frames

  • Don Passenger
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 29, 2002
      Four would be:

      <!-- divide page into two rows -->
      <frameset rows="33%,*" frameborder="NO" bordercolor=#FFFFFF border=0>
      <!-- divide first row into two columes -->
      <frameset cols="50%,*" frameborder="NO" bordercolor=#FFFFFF border=0>
      <frame src="topleft.htm" name="topleft">
      <frame src="topright" name="topright">
      </frameset>
      <!-- end of first row -->
      <!-- divide second row into two columns -->
      <frameset cols="50%,*" frameborder="NO" bordercolor=#FFFFFF border=0>
      <frame src="bottomleft.htm" name="bottomleft">
      <frame src="bottomright.htm" name="bottomright">
      </frameset>
      <!-- end of second row -->
      </frameset>
      <!-- end of two row frameset -->

      Of course you can play with the width's and heights to suit. Always remember
      to put the frame between the head and body tag, and include a noframes in
      body.

      --
      Don Passenger
      mailto:dpasseng@...
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 29, 2002
        My answer to this is set up a frames webpage divided into two of whatever
        proportions and named, and then one of those goes off to its page which
        turns out to be another set of frames. So in mine the target "main" is below the
        top menu frame, but this below frame splits into left and right in various
        folders so that "lead" is the right hand wider side of "main" and the section
        menu is in the left frame of "main". By calling the taget "lead" I can go to the
        right, or "main" I can go to left and right. I only therefore split an HTML page
        into two, but do it twice to get three sections - up across, left column and right
        below (the biggest proportion).

        Adrian Worsfold

        http://www.pluralist.co.uk
      • Lloyd
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 30, 2002
          Hi Jody,

          I bought his course book. When a seniors memory attacks, as usual, I just
          go to it and look for pictures.

          Have a good one.

          Lloyd