[NH] Re: CSS, XHTML, XML, etc.

  • Eutopia Ali Manning
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 12, 2000
      I Love HTML This my offline gram course for HTML.
    • lmhamilton@juno.com
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 12, 2000
        On Sat, 12 Feb 2000 13:06:13 -0600 (CST) UserHtMlX@... (Eutopia Ali
        Manning) writes:
        > Is html and javascript, tha only thing, that can be used on WebTV.

        I do not know about WebTV, I have never seen one. I would guess that it
        should do whatever the version of IE it supports can do. I am sure
        Microsoft has information on it somewhere on their site. If any one finds
        it, let the group know.

        Larry Hamilton, Jr. lmhamilton@...
        http://www.HamiltonGenSociety.org/
        My Web Site: http://notlimaH.tripod.com

        Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
        http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.
      • lmhamilton@juno.com
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 12, 2000
          Lloyd,

          On Sat, 12 Feb 2000 10:07:42 -0600 Lloyd <lloyd2@...> writes:
          > I am not (yet) into HTML so I don't know if my idea will work or
          > not. I have a clip for �. I just stuck it on my clipboard. I will send
          it
          > just in case you can use it. That way you treat the � as a character
          just
          > like any other letter. I get it from ALT+0169.
          >
          > H="�"
          > �
          >
          > I am sure you are way beyond where I am so you have probably all
          > ready ruled this out. But just in case............
          >
          > Lloyd

          Thanks, it was late when I wrote the post, after a long week. I got to
          thinking today that I might have to use the ALT code to find it. I just
          had not taken the time to look up the ALT code.

          Here is the result of my quick test on it: (I just unzipped NotePro 4.8
          Beta 31)

          I tried ^!Find � and ^!Find ALT+0169, I also tried the same, but with ""
          around the search string, both returned serach string not found in
          document, and I manually placed the cursor at 1:1. I also checked help
          and verified my recollection that there is no preset variable for the
          copyright symbol. Is there some trick to finding it that I am
          overlooking?

          I developed a clip to find the string(s) that precede it and to then move
          the selection over to include it, and then replace it by inserting the
          new text.

          Even though I have a way to accomplish my task, I still want to know why
          it will not work, and if there is another way to select just that
          character without a clip that moves the selection around.

          TIA,

          Larry Hamilton, Jr. lmhamilton@...
          http://www.HamiltonGenSociety.org/
          My Web Site: http://notlimaH.tripod.com

          Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
          http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.
        • melchior prisi
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 12, 2000
            lmhamilton@... wrote:

            > I tried ^!Find © and ^!Find ALT+0169,
            > (...)both returned serach string not found

            this:

            ^!find © IST

            works.

            IST means:
            I: Ignores character case
            S: Silent search.
            T: Does not search for whole words only (search string can be found
            within longer words).

            greetings
            Melchior

            --
            http://www.alphazwirbel.net/orp/orp.htm
            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 12, 2000
              Hi Larry,

              > I have the copyright symbol in most pages, and it is the c in a
              > circle, not "©". When I copied and pasted the copyright
              > symbol into a clip, it is not finding the symbol.

              Sorry for the late reply - we are pressing hard to get the 4.8
              version released. Here is a down and dirty, no mercy Clip that
              will replace all the characters for you. Be careful with it - it
              does *all* open documents in NoteTab and then saves them if you
              put in the ;^!Save All line. Just reverse the characters if you
              were meaning the other way around. I have a Clip called, Eric's
              Blah, Blah, Blah that removes all the HTML special code. Ask me
              if I care if some browsers can't read it? <vbg>

              H=Global © !!!
              ^!Replace "©" >> "©" TGWAS
              ;^!Save All

              http://www.sureword.com/notetab

              The NoteTab and Html List...
              mailto:Ntb-html-Subscribe@...
              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 12, 2000
                Hi All,

                Would one of you HTMLperts be kind enough to give me a glossary
                type definition for the HTML file types that NoteTab supports? I
                realize that is very broad. What's worse, it needs to be written
                in a way that somebody new to computers can understand it. If
                you can start it off and keep it to the length below that would
                be great. If you feel that it is too brad to do it that way,
                then make a separate definition for each, maybe the HTML types in
                one, then ASP and anything else like that under their own
                headers, but do please, keep it basic, simple, and as short as
                possible. Also, please do it as soon as possible - like
                yesterday. <bg> I realize that is a tall order, but thought one
                of you could know it out in no time at all. Those are about all
                I lack now for a 125 word glossary that have been proofed a few
                times now - wouldn't hurt if anybody else wants to read it? :)
                Danke!

                HTML
                HTML is an acronym for...

                to about here.

                TIA

                http://www.sureword.com/notetab

                The NoteTab and Html List...
                mailto:Ntb-html-Subscribe@...
              • Lloyd
                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 12, 2000
                  Hi Larry,

                  >I tried ^!Find © and ^!Find ALT+0169, I also tried the same, but with ""
                  >around the search string, both returned serach string not found in
                  >document, and I manually placed the cursor at 1:1. I also checked help
                  >and verified my recollection that there is no preset variable for the
                  >copyright symbol. Is there some trick to finding it that I am
                  >overlooking?

                  I don't remember what you are running but if it is a pc with windows,
                  change your keyboard to United States - International in the Control Panel
                  and when you hit the right ALT and c at the same time, you get ©. The ALT+C
                  gives you ¢.

                  Lloyd
                • lmhamilton@juno.com
                  Message 8 of 14 , Feb 12, 2000
                    Melchior,

                    On Sat, 12 Feb 2000 23:46:12 +0100 melchior prisi <mprisi@...>
                    writes:
                    > ^!find � IST
                    >
                    > works.
                    >
                    > IST means:
                    > I: Ignores character case
                    > S: Silent search.
                    > T: Does not search for whole words only (search string can be found
                    > within longer words).

                    Thanks, I forgot about the 'T' tag, the 'I' had no effect in this case,
                    (Are there upper and lowercase copyright symbols? <grin>).

                    I used ^!Find "�" TS and it worked.

                    Too many late nights.... Gee... you don't suppose that Eric and Jody know
                    anything about late nights?

                    THANKS!

                    Message 9 of 14 , Feb 12, 2000
                      Jody,

                      On Sat, 12 Feb 2000 17:04:18 -0600 Jody <KJB1611@...> writes:
                      > H=Global � !!!
                      > ^!Replace "�" >> "©" TGWAS
                      > ;^!Save All

                      Thanks! As I mentioned to Melchior, I forgot about the 'T' in Find and
                      Replace clips.

                      The above clip will help in another clip I need to update. It is for a
                      text file that is updated several times a month and has lots of "&" in it
                      that need to be changed to "&" before it is converted to HTML, so
                      that any "&whatever;" are not changed to "&&whatever;"

                      Trying to write clips to update my HTML pages, taught me about YAVNF (Yet
                      Another Valuable NoteTab Feature) [maybe Eric can add that to the e-mail
                      acronym clip <grin>], that will come in handy in other areas as well.

                      THANKS!

                      Message 10 of 14 , Feb 12, 2000
                        Hi Larry,

                        >> ^!Replace "©" >> "©" TGWAS

                        >The above clip will help in another clip I need to update. It is for a
                        >text file that is updated several times a month and has lots of "&" in it
                        >that need to be changed to "&" before it is converted to HTML, so
                        >that any "&whatever;" are not changed to "&&whatever;"

                        ^!Replace "&" "&" WAS

                        ;)

                        Thanks for the defs - I'll post them.:)

                        Bye for now,
                        Jody Adair
                        Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

                        http://www.sureword.com/sojourner
                        http://www.sureword.com/kjb1611
                        http://www.sureword.com/notetab
                      • Colby Glass
                        Message 11 of 14 , Feb 27, 2000
                          lmhamilto-@... wrote:
                          original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-html/?start=291
                          >I want an easy way to replace all the
                          > symbols in 100 plus documents (small by some standards, but still too
                          > much for manual editing). I can look for the other information around
                          it,
                          > and do a replace of the information around it, but that makes for more
                          > effort? Any one else have that problem?

                          Hi, Larry. I had the same problem. I am webmaster of a huge indexing
                          site--over 600 pages of html. I periodically need to change something.
                          I find that the best utility is "Search and Replace 98". It is freeware
                          and you can find it at Tucows. Good luck... colby
                        • lmhamilton@juno.com
                          Message 12 of 14 , Feb 27, 2000
                            Hi colby,

                            On Sun, 27 Feb 2000 08:09:09 -0800 "Colby Glass" <colby46@...>
                            writes:
                            > lmhamilto-@... wrote:
                            > original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-html/?start=291
                            >> Any one else have that problem?
                            > Hi, Larry. I had the same problem. I am webmaster of a huge indexing
                            > site--over 600 pages of html. I periodically need to change
                            > something. I find that the best utility is "Search and Replace 98". It
                            is
                            > freeware and you can find it at Tucows. Good luck... colby

                            If I remember correctly, my problem was incorrect syntax with the search
                            & replace operation in my clip. I excluded the option for the item I was
                            searching for being within another string, and not separated by spaces.
                            It has been a long day, I am not sure that last sentence was clear.
                            Anyway, thanks for sharing about the freeware. I will keep that in the
                            back of my mind if it turns out that I need it.