Re: (NTH) Does order of calling menu script matter?

  • john041650
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 28, 2002
      Hello Fay,

      While I am not an expert with JavaScript by any means, I can make it do what I want so I will take a stab at your question.

      After looking at your html code, and the two JavaScript external files, I see no reason why you cannot have your <script></script> at the end of your html document as you have.

      A lot of JavaScript developers suggest their code be put right after the opening <body> tag. My guess is a common reason for that is to minimize the chances of the script code interrupting other html elements. In other words, you cannot just drop the scripting into your document just anywhere without causing problems, so a safe bet is to include them right after the opening <body> tag.

      Or as you did, just before the closing </body> tag..

      Those external JavaScript files control placement and operation of the menu you are using and they are rather sizeable so I can believe they might slow down the loading a bit.

      Regards,

      John

      By the way, your web site looks much better now with Netscape 4.0.. :)