Newbie quest: How to preview HTML files?

  • byzant98
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 21, 2002
      I've just attempted to write an html file using NTLite and I'd like to
      be able to preview the file and see what it would look like as a web
      page and then go back to make needed corrections. I tried clicking on
      the browser icon in NT, but it only shows me the file with all the
      tags still in the text. Could anyone tell me how I can get a preview
      of how the file would look on the web?
      TIA,
      Charles
    • Rick Friedline
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 22, 2002
        At 10:24 PM 7/21/02, byzant98 wrote:

        >I've just attempted to write an html file using NTLite and I'd like to
        >be able to preview the file and see what it would look like as a web
        >page and then go back to make needed corrections. I tried clicking on
        >the browser icon in NT, but it only shows me the file with all the
        >tags still in the text. Could anyone tell me how I can get a preview
        >of how the file would look on the web?

        Sounds like you haven't named the file as an .html file. Rename it with
        the .html extension and it should work :-)

        Hope that helps,

        Rick Friedline
      • Adrian/ Rosemary Worsfold
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 22, 2002
          Write it in text without any tags. Then Modify Document to HTML. Then save.
          Then continue to code it. The Browser button then works. Renaming to .html
          itself isn't enough unless the file is closed and opened again.

          My requirement is a page that has text in it and that is what I do first. At some
          stage later it becomes an HTML file by Modify. Then I do the tables, the
          picture inserts, the colours and so on, and finally link it to website menus and
          test them all before uploading all new and changed files.

          Adrian Worsfold

          http://www.pluralist.co.uk
        • Don Passenger
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 22, 2002
            Charles, save the file as: filename.html and you will see the tags
            disappear. It needs a web extension to know it is a webpage.