Fonts in CSS WAS - Re: [NH] Re: web pages and Netscape

  • Larry Hamilton
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 21, 2002
      Ian,

      Yes, designating the font information allows a graceful degradation and
      allows the page coder to have some control over the font rather than just
      using the default font that each user has on their computer. At any rate,
      the information will still come through, even if the user chooses an odd
      font and it looks nothing like it was designed to look.

      > The way I understand it, if nothing in your list works, the font just
      > goes to default. So it'll always display, no matter what. But you can
      > control how the page looks, and allow it to degrade gracefully if your
      > intended font isn't available.

      Larry Hamilton
      lmh@...
      http://notlimah.tripod.com/