Re: [NH] Re: web pages and Netscape

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 20 , Jul 20, 2002
      Ian

      > On Sat, 20 Jul 2002 15:04:02 -0000, you wrote: ....

      As a novice HTML user, I'm finding this thread
      fascinating but wonder if you could leave the name of the
      person you are primarily responding to in the header.
      When we've got a bunch of contributers to the thread it
      gets a little confusing.

      Regards ... Alec

        Message 3 of 20 , Jul 20, 2002
          one of the challenges with using CSS is not only the cross-browser
          issue but also the variety of platforms ( OS ) the same version of a
          particular browser may be loaded on.

          some browsers behave differently on a Mac than Windows even though it
          is the same version number.

          a good (IMHO) discussion of CSS:

          -----

          http://two.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/css-discuss
          css-discuss-request@...

          css-discuss-admin@...

          -----

          regards,

          tf

          http://thefrank.com
        • Ian Rastall
          Message 4 of 20 , Jul 21, 2002
            On Sat, 20 Jul 2002 14:46:12 -0400, "Alec Burgess" <burale@...>
            wrote:

            >As a novice HTML user, I'm finding this thread
            >fascinating but wonder if you could leave the name of the
            >person you are primarily responding to in the header.

            You're asking me to change my settings? There is nothing more sacred
            to a computer geek. But, uh, no problem. Hope this looks better.

            Ian
            --
            That oughta be like hittin' fungoes
            with a corked bat. (Nathaniel Ward)

            http://www.aspipes.org/
          • Ian Rastall
            Message 5 of 20 , Jul 21, 2002
              On Sat, 20 Jul 2002 17:00:32 -0500, Lloyd <lloyd2@...>
              wrote:

              >You keep talking about Georgia font. As I have never seen it, where can I
              >find a copy?

              It's a True Type font. It comes with things like Microsoft Word. I
              suppose you could find it on the web if you Googled for "true type
              font georgia". You'd be able to download it. But chances are, if you
              use Windows, or at least a Microsoft product, you already have it.

              Georgia is a very classical font. If you've ever seen Microsoft
              Reader, it uses something similar, but even more classical, called
              Berling Antigua. Very rounded and traditional.

              Ian

              Message 6 of 20 , Jul 21, 2002
                At 16:13 2002.07.21, Ian Rastall wrote:
                >On Sat, 20 Jul 2002 17:00:32 -0500, Lloyd <lloyd2@...>
                >wrote:
                >
                > >You keep talking about Georgia font. As I have never seen it, where can I
                > >find a copy?
                >
                > You'd be able to download it. But chances are, if you
                >use Windows, or at least a Microsoft product, you already have it.

                If you really don't have it it's here:
                http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fontpack/default.htm

                Fungoes, huh? <G>

                Lotta
              • Lloyd
                Message 7 of 20 , Jul 22, 2002
                  Hi Ian,

                  Thank you. I do have Word but I guess Office 97 is just too old for it. I
                  downloaded it and it is very clean looking.

                  Thank you again.

                  Lloyd

                  Message 8 of 20 , Jul 22, 2002
                    > Thank you. I do have Word but I guess Office 97 is just
                    too old for it. I
                    > downloaded it and it is very clean looking.

                    I've got Word97 (it shows Georgina TT) and as far as I
                    know I never specifically downloaded ANY fonts. I got an
                    SP1 update to MS-Office 97 sometime ago. Maybe it came
                    with that?

                    Regards ... Alec