[NH] Re: outline to an html4 outline Div thingy

  • lmhamilton@juno.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 6, 2000
      On Mon, 7 Feb 2000 16:35:47 +1300 "Grant" <emerge@...> writes:
      > I got bored with eric's Topics to HTML clip so I thought I would
      > spice it up using css javascript to create a sort of cross browser
      frameless
      > frames div thingy.
      > Hope you don't mind me posting stuff like this as it is a bit long.
      > Like erics' it uses the Readme.Otl as a default but any open OTL
      > file should work.Uses the ntp beta 4.8 but if you remove line
      > ^!IFTrue ^$IsBlank("^%p%")$ Para_loop Else Next
      > should work in ntp4.6.
      > The two clips work together.Annotated it a little so hopefully you
      > can see whats going on.

      Grant,

      Interesting!

      It shows how to combine HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and NoteTab to produce web
      pages quikly & easily. Some clips are a lot of work up front, but save
      lots of time for their intended purpose.

      The only thing I would add to it, is saving with an htm or html extension
      so that when the browser opens it, it shows as your clip formats it.
      Otherwise, you just see the source code in the browser.

      I like your updated (Dec., 99) htm clips. They also show the potential of
      combining NoteTab with Tidy, CSS, etc. I look forward to the updated
      clips once NoteTab 4.8 is released.

      I would also recommend your tutorial on generating linked web pages from
      a delimited file. I have 4 pages that are generated from a constantly
      changing database (membership), and with a combination of the CSV2HTML
      clip of Joe Barta and the linked web pages clip on your site, I have a
      custom clip that formats the pages in the way I want them, with just a
      few clicks of the mouse.

      Now with some of the new stuff NoteTab can do, we will have an even more
      versatile tool to do website design.

      Larry Hamilton, Jr. lmhamilton@...
      http://www.HamiltonGenSociety.org/
      My Web Site: http://notlimaH.tripod.com
      Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
      http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.
    • Grant
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 7, 2000
        > The only thing I would add to it, is saving with an htm or html extension
        > so that when the browser opens it, it shows as your clip formats it.
        > Otherwise, you just see the source code in the browser.

        Silly me. You are right I forgot that not everyone defaults to a *.htm
        extension when opening new documents.However no need to save as htm.

        At the end of the OutlineToHTMLOutline clip

        before
        ^!TOOLBAR View in Browser
        insert
        ^!SetNameFormat outline.htm
        so it looks like this
        ^!SetNameFormat outline.htm
        ^!TOOLBAR View in Browser

        Come to think of it you can chuck
        ^!SetNameFormat outline.htm
        anywhere in the clip but I guess it looks tidier at the end before the
        ^!toolbar View in Browser command.