Re: [NH] Problem in NoteTab Pro

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 19, 2002
      Hi Ian,

      >I hope someone can help me with a problem in NoteTab Pro. I
      >upgraded to 4.9/np (Full Version)
      >
      >Whenever I hit F8 focus is never automatically given to IE6 or
      >with Shift F8 to Nutscrape. I always have to manually minimise
      >NoteTab. Ditto if I click on something else in the task bar.

      That is a Windows issue due to programmers taking advantage of
      bringing their program to the front when they "shouldn't" be.

      In Help look up browsers.dat Hopefully you can work it out from
      that. There are a couple of examples in the browsers.dat file
      itself.

      >Suggestion for future releases:
      >
      >Is it possible in Help/About to make the links clickable?. I was
      >going to look for FAQ and had to manually enter the URL in my
      >browser.

      We use to have it like that, but Eric took it out for some reason.

      http://www.notetab.net

      The NoteTab and Html List...
    • Ian C. Purdie
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 23, 2002
        Thanks Jody,

        Unfortunately browsers.dat didn't help me. Got me terribly confused.

        Ian

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 24, 2002
          Hi Ian,

          >Unfortunately browsers.dat didn't help me. Got me terribly confused.

          All I did for mine was the following. It always opened a
          document in NoteTab in the browser in the same window whether the
          file was opened or not. I was in NetScape 4.7 and Mozilla 1. I
          tried them in the main browser and other browser using F8 and
          Shift+F8. See the Internet tab in Options. (I have tweak ui
          which has a feature to let programs take focus, but I have that
          unchecked. If worse goes to "worser" <g> you might just want to
          get tweak ui 2000.)

          [NetScape]
          Command=D:\Browsers\NetScape\Program\netscape.exe

          [Mozilla]
          Command=D:\Browsers\Mozilla\mozilla.exe

          [NetCaptor]
          Command=D:\Browsers\NetCaptor\NetCaptor.exe

          Some others may have something different in theirs that can share
          it with us. I'm in Win98SE right now.