Problem in NoteTab Pro

  • Ian C. Purdie
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 18, 2002
      Hi,

      I hope someone can help me with a problem in NoteTab Pro. I upgraded to 4.9/np
      (Full Version)

      Whenever I hit F8 focus is never automatically given to IE6 or with Shift F8 to
      Nutscrape. I always have to manually minimise NoteTab. Ditto if I click on
      something else in the task bar.

      Nothing in FAQ. Cure?

      Suggestion for future releases:

      Is it possible in Help/About to make the links clickable?. I was going to look
      for FAQ and had to manually enter the URL in my browser.

      Ian C. Purdie
      http://www.electronics-tutorials.com/
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 19, 2002
        Hi Ian,

        >I hope someone can help me with a problem in NoteTab Pro. I
        >upgraded to 4.9/np (Full Version)
        >
        >Whenever I hit F8 focus is never automatically given to IE6 or
        >with Shift F8 to Nutscrape. I always have to manually minimise
        >NoteTab. Ditto if I click on something else in the task bar.

        That is a Windows issue due to programmers taking advantage of
        bringing their program to the front when they "shouldn't" be.

        In Help look up browsers.dat Hopefully you can work it out from
        that. There are a couple of examples in the browsers.dat file
        itself.

        >Suggestion for future releases:
        >
        >Is it possible in Help/About to make the links clickable?. I was
        >going to look for FAQ and had to manually enter the URL in my
        >browser.

        We use to have it like that, but Eric took it out for some reason.

        http://www.notetab.net

        The NoteTab and Html List...
      • Ian C. Purdie
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 23, 2002
          Thanks Jody,

          Unfortunately browsers.dat didn't help me. Got me terribly confused.

          Ian

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 24, 2002
            Hi Ian,

            >Unfortunately browsers.dat didn't help me. Got me terribly confused.

            All I did for mine was the following. It always opened a
            document in NoteTab in the browser in the same window whether the
            file was opened or not. I was in NetScape 4.7 and Mozilla 1. I
            tried them in the main browser and other browser using F8 and
            Shift+F8. See the Internet tab in Options. (I have tweak ui
            which has a feature to let programs take focus, but I have that
            unchecked. If worse goes to "worser" <g> you might just want to
            get tweak ui 2000.)

            [NetScape]
            Command=D:\Browsers\NetScape\Program\netscape.exe

            [Mozilla]
            Command=D:\Browsers\Mozilla\mozilla.exe

            [NetCaptor]
            Command=D:\Browsers\NetCaptor\NetCaptor.exe

            Some others may have something different in theirs that can share
            it with us. I'm in Win98SE right now.