[NH] Re: Tables

  • Marco Bernardini
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2000
      >From: loro@...
      >Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2000 01:13:17 +0100
      >Marco, you got me interested about this cellspacing thing:
      >Are you actually meaning 'lines'.?

      Well, I think yes :-)
      >Is this a browser specific thing?

      No, but you must try your page with many different browsers (at least MSIE
      and NS).

      >if you put an image alone in a cell, setting the cellpadding to a
      >low number would render as sort of a border or 'frame' in the bgcolor.

      Yes, just like the "passepartout" into a wooden frame, if you use <TD
      align=center">.

      >Besides from that, can you tell me when this occurs? I have only seen
      >cellpadding render as, well, spacing between cell content and cell border
      >(visible or not). I'm trying to learn more about browser discrepancy so I
      >would appreciate some more info!

      Well, the better way to learn is to do experiments :-)

      >------------------------------ message 272 ------------------------------
      >Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2000 21:12:52 -0600
      >From: "Planet's Cyber Capsule...Go there!" <wxplanet@...>

      >Thanks for the input, Marco! I really appreciate it. If you want to
      >see what I did with your suggestions, you can see it on eBay at the
      >following URL:
      >
      >http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251913618

      Nice guitar!
      I see you page is nice, now. The digest was a bit late...
      Just a suggestion: don't use table width in %, but fix it in pixels: in
      this way everyone sees the same page.
      Better if the page isn't wider than 600 pixels (or less, if you think to
      target WebTV users).

      See http://www.taggiasca.com , http://marco.giorgiobernardini.com and
      http://www.victorianolivegroves.com/ for example.

      >From: loro@...
      >Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2000 12:14:19 +0100
      >A little tip: keep table borders on untill you are done - much easier to
      >see where you go wrong.

      I don't know why there is a lot of jokes about blondes: this is the best
      suggestion I see :-)

      Bye!

      Marco Bernardini
      Message 2 of 2 , May 27, 2007
        frank wrote:
        > then your text will line up the way it does in NoteTab Pro,
        > and your dashes and plusses will too. try:

        Thy would. But those dashes were but a poor attempt to show you here
        what I meant, not the effect aimed for at all. It would be a bit
        different with the genuine DOS-437 line elements, but it'd still be a
        lot of work and I'd lose all tabular structural information.