Re: [NH] Mozilla 1.0

    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 7, 2002
      At 06:37 2002.06.08, Larry Hamilton wrote:
      >I downloaded Mozilla 1.0 the other day. So far it appears to work well. At
      >least all my pages display the way I intended.

      <snip>

      >If this is basically the same as NS 6.x, then I will not bother to download
      >it. I have heard so much bad about it, that I have held off downloading it.
      >I was going to download it at work over a fast connection and just burn it
      >to CD, but I did not see how to download the whole thing. There must be a
      >buried link I do not have the patience to find. Has anyone compared how the
      >two Mozilla 1/NS 6 compare in how they display?

      Not personally, but since Netscape 6.2 is based on a much older Moz there
      are of course differences, the latest Moz always being the better one
      rendering wise with more bugs fixed. They are up to Netscape 7 Pre Release
      now btw.

      I agree with you, Moz is nice. Really nice. I love the text zoom. All
      others have too big steps between sizes. Not to mention the "Style Sheet
      Switcher" and the best CSS support of them all.

      I'm a little confused, which download can't you locate?

      Lotta
    • Larry Hamilton
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 8, 2002
        Lotta,

        I cannot locate a direct download of the NS 6 setup, only the setup
        installer. I wanted to be able to save the whole setup without having
        install it.

        Larry

        > I'm a little confused, which download can't you locate?
        >

        > Lotta
      • Don Passenger
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 8, 2002
          I looked at http://wp.netscape.com/download/archive/client_archive62x.html
          and it appears to be setup as you indicated.

          I think this may be what you want, however:
          http://sillydog.org/narchive/#ns6

          --
          Don Passenger
          mailto:dpasseng@...
          > I cannot locate a direct download of the NS 6 setup, only the setup
          > installer. I wanted to be able to save the whole setup without having
          > install it.
          >
          > Larry
          >
          > > I'm a little confused, which download can't you locate?
          > >

          > > Lotta

        • Larry Hamilton
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 8, 2002
            Don,

            THANKS!

            Now I can take a CD to work and have it and a couple other versions in less
            time than I could download one from home.

            Larry

            > and it appears to be setup as you indicated.
            >
            > I think this may be what you want, however:
            > http://sillydog.org/narchive/#ns6
            >
            > --
            > Don Passenger
            > mailto:dpasseng@...
            > home: http://www.iserv.net/~dpasseng
            > work: http://www.grcourt.org
          • hsavage
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 8, 2002
              > Larry Hamilton wrote:
              >
              > Lotta,
              >
              > I cannot locate a direct download of the NS 6 setup, only the setup
              > installer. I wanted to be able to save the whole setup without having
              > install it.
              >
              > Larry
              >
              > I'm a little confused, which download can't you locate?
              >
              > Lotta

              Larry,

              I don't know if this will suit you but you should be able to get any
              final 1.0 build of Mozilla before Netscape adds AIM and all their other
              additions.

              I have tried many dozens of the betas starting with 0.9.4, only Windows
              versions and the final, 1.0, didn't disappoint me.

              This link should get you to a page where you'll find the version you need.

              http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla/releases/mozilla1.0/

              hrs