Re: [NH] JavaScript Boilerplate ... with passed parameters

  • Don Passenger
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 7, 2002
      nope great improvement ...
      as with all things javascript I was working off of something I found along
      the way ...

      --
      Don Passenger
      mailto:dpasseng@...
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 7, 2002
        Hi Jeff,

        On Fri, 7 Jun 2002, at 09:31:13 [GMT -0400] (which was 15:31 in my
        corner of the world) ,you typed:

        JB> I am glad to see more people discovering the
        JB> joys of javascript!

        I'm a newbie to all this, that is i've put up a website in the passt
        using, (dare i say it) Ms Frontpage. I've tried several html editors
        in the passt and decided to try taking the plunge and write a page or
        two with Notetab. I also want to discover the joys of Javascript and i
        wonder if there are clips out there or a very simple tutorial that can
        help a novise into the world of Javascript.

        --
        /Krister mailto:krister@...
      • Ian Rastall
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 8, 2002
          On Fri, 7 Jun 2002 19:36:32 +0200, you wrote:

          >I also want to discover the joys of Javascript and i
          >wonder if there are clips out there or a very simple tutorial that can
          >help a novise into the world of Javascript.

          This looks like a good site:

          http://www.pageresource.com/jscript/index.html

          The guy who does the site, John Pollock, wrote a good book, which I
          own, called JavaScript: A Beginner's Guide. It's very good at giving
          you all the basics.

          Now that I'm a little more advanced, I'm reading a book published by
          O'Reilly, called JavaScript: The Definitive Guide, written by David
          Flanagan (Fourth Edition). That's the book you really need, but it's
          pretty hardcore stuff. Pollock's book is great for starting out, and I
          imagine his website is much the same.

          Ian
          --
          That's just my Buzzian theory. (Buzz Ruppelt)

          http://www.aspipes.org/
        • Jeff Burrows
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 8, 2002
            There is a really nice tutorial at:

            http://www.cfgatlin.com/javascript/index.html

            and also

            http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/js/

            If you learned everything at these two sites, you
            would become a JavaScript Jedi!

            On Fri, 7 Jun 2002, at 09:31:13 [GMT -0400] (which was 15:31 in my
            corner of the world) ,you typed:

            JB> I am glad to see more people discovering the
            JB> joys of javascript!

            I'm a newbie to all this, that is i've put up a website in the passt
            using, (dare i say it) Ms Frontpage. I've tried several html editors
            in the passt and decided to try taking the plunge and write a page or
            two with Notetab. I also want to discover the joys of Javascript and i
            wonder if there are clips out there or a very simple tutorial that can
            help a novise into the world of Javascript.

            --
            /Krister mailto:krister@...

          • Adam Weston
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 8, 2002
              Krister:

              Before getting into javascript, I recommend getting pretty familiar with
              HTML and CSS. CSS is not a big deal to learn, and its a vital complement to
              HTML. Javascript will make more sense when you already know HTML/CSS. This
              is all just my humble opinion...

              To answer your question, A great place to learn HTML, CSS, and Javascript
              (and lots of other things) is:

              http://www.w3schools.com

              Have fun!

              -Adam

              I'm a newbie to all this, that is i've put up a website in the passt
              using, (dare i say it) Ms Frontpage. I've tried several html editors
              in the passt and decided to try taking the plunge and write a page or
              two with Notetab. I also want to discover the joys of Javascript and i
              wonder if there are clips out there or a very simple tutorial that can
              help a novise into the world of Javascript.

              --
              /Krister mailto:krister@...

            • stephen riddle
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 8, 2002
                Hi Krister
                Welcome to the hair pulling world of JavaScript!
                Visit the NoteTab site for some clipLibraries concerning javaScript.
                I first learned JavaScript from a web site, but you'd better do a google
                search (google.com) because it's been long enough it may not be there any
                more.
                G.luck
                Stephen
                > I'm a newbie to all this, that is i've put up a website in the passt
                > using, (dare i say it) Ms Frontpage. I've tried several html editors
                > in the passt and decided to try taking the plunge and write a page or
                > two with Notetab. I also want to discover the joys of Javascript and i
                > wonder if there are clips out there or a very simple tutorial that can
                > help a novise into the world of Javascript.
              • Krister Ekstrom
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 9, 2002
                  Hi Jeff,

                  Thanks a lot. Are there notetab specific tuts as well or better still,
                  clips that taught me as i go? (Maybe that isn't possible)
                  Anyways, i'll check into both the tuts you gave me the address to and
                  the ones that someone else posted here.
                  Thanks so much, everyone!

                  --
                  /Krister mailto:krister@...