Re: [NH] Special Characters: Sanskrit! and other wishes.

  • Larry Hamilton
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 4, 2002
      Christine,

      You're welcome.

      It is not as hard as some would have you believe. Basically the only
      difference is what the ISP offers. My ISP has both Windows 2000 and Unix,
      and the Unix option is cheaper and has more options.

      It looks the same from uploading and downloading files.

      Larry

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 6, 2002
        just make your letters, one per graphic
        then make clips to insert each letter
        because the letters will be cached, it should load quickly

        --
        Don Passenger
        mailto:dpasseng@...
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 6, 2002
          j'know, Don.
          You make things sound so easy! <LOL> I could "borrow" them right off Ian's
          page, or hmmmm. Who knows!
          It might be the way to go. And for some of the repeated words, I could just
          make the darned whole thing. I think with the CSS, I can get them to the
          same pt each time, can't I?

          But you know, it really shouldn't be this hard!
          "Should" is a good word, isn't it?

          Any good tutorials you know of on CSS and tables? I can't seem to get my
          borders to show (the graph part of this Index I'm working on) although I
          keep playing with the CSS1 and CSS2 libraries that others have posted. I'm
          going to play a little more with it today.

          I'm thrilled with the CSS and the SSI stuff. I should have looked into it
          long before now!

          Thanks,
          Christine

          because the letters will be cached, it should load quickly

          --
          Don Passenger
        • Ian Rastall
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 6, 2002
            On Thu, 06 Jun 2002 12:18:34 -0400, you wrote:

            >Any good tutorials you know of on CSS and tables? I can't seem to get my
            >borders to show (the graph part of this Index I'm working on) although I
            >keep playing with the CSS1 and CSS2 libraries that others have posted.

            Here's the best reference for CSS:

            http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_reference.asp

            Ian
            --
            That's just my Buzzian theory. (Buzz Ruppelt)

            http://www.aspipes.org/