Need help from Windows ME users

  • Eric G.V. Fookes
    Message 1 of 1 , May 15, 2002
      Hi everyone,

      I'm currently working on the upcoming NoteTab 4.9. One feature that I am
      rewriting from scratch is the way documents and URLs are opened in a
      browser. To help with testing, I have created a small utility that makes
      full use of the new code and saves status information in a log file. You
      can download the utility from here (size 174 KB):
      http://www.fookes.com/ftp/beta/BrowserDDE5.exe

      Setup:
      Just place the file in a temporary directory and execute it. It doesn't
      need installing and will not make any changes to your system except for
      saving an ini file and a log file in its own folder.

      When you leave the browser field blank, the utility tries to use your
      default browser. "netscp6" is for Netscape 6.x and "Netscape" is for the
      older versions. Only browsers that support DDE can open a document/URL in
      the same window (Netscape 6.x is the exception here as it can only open
      links in new windows). Mozilla may only work correctly with the latest
      release (Release Candidate 2) -- it always starts with two browser windows,
      which appears to be a bug in Mozilla. DDE support is currently only
      available for Internet Explorer, Netscape, Mozilla, and Opera. If you
      specify another browser (like NetCaptor), the DDE option is ignored and
      each document/URL is opened in a new window.

      I look forward to your feedback.

      Regards,
      Eric G.V. Fookes