Re: [NH] search and replace on opened tabs

  • Don Passenger
    Message 1 of 4 , May 11, 2002
      Ron,

      Just do search and replace and check all documents.
      That will work on all open documents.

      Alternatively, you can do a disk search and replace without having them all
      open ahead of time under search/search disk

      > Hi All:
      >
      > Perhaps this is a strange question but I thought it was possible to do a
      > search and replace on across those documents that were opened and
      available
      > on tabs in NoteTab.
      >
      > I have 78 files that I have open and assigned to tabs. Now, I want to make
      > the same changes to all 78 files. All I should need to do is tell NoteTab
      > to search and replace across all 78 files. BTW, it would also be nice if I
      > could search "// --> ^P^T^T</script>^P and replace it with four new
      > functions and close the script element. That's about 600 more characters.
      > Any suggestions?
      >
      > Ron
    • Ron Woodall
      Message 2 of 4 , May 12, 2002
        Hi Adam:

        Thanks for the reply.

        At 12:14 PM 5/11/02 -0700, you wrote:
        > >Perhaps this is a strange question but I thought it was possible
        > >to do a search and replace on across those documents that were
        > >opened and available on tabs in NoteTab.
        >
        >Yes, it is. just go to Search>Replace and check "All Documents".
        >
        > >I have 78 files that I have open and assigned to tabs. Now, I want
        > >to make the same changes to all 78 files. All I should need to do
        > >is tell NoteTab to search and replace across all 78 files.
        >
        >I don't understand... isn't that what you just said?

        Yup, but the last time I sent something to a newsgroup (not this
        one) I phrased the question so poorly I got no responses until I rephrased
        the question. I was just hedging my bet on this one.

        > >BTW, it would also be nice if I could search
        > >"// --> ^P^T^T</script>^P and replace it with four new functions
        > >and close the script element. That's about 600 more characters.
        > >Any suggestions?
        >
        >Paste "// --> ^P^T^T</script>^P" in Find what:
        >Paste your new functions in Replace with:
        >Hope thats of some help...

        Perfect. Thank you.

        Ron Woodall

        Ron Woodall