Re: [NH] search and replace on opened tabs

  • Adam Weston
    Message 1 of 4 , May 11, 2002
      >Perhaps this is a strange question but I thought it was possible
      >to do a search and replace on across those documents that were
      >opened and available on tabs in NoteTab.

      Yes, it is. just go to Search>Replace and check "All Documents".

      >I have 78 files that I have open and assigned to tabs. Now, I want
      >to make the same changes to all 78 files. All I should need to do
      >is tell NoteTab to search and replace across all 78 files.

      I don't understand... isn't that what you just said?

      >BTW, it would also be nice if I could search
      >"// --> ^P^T^T</script>^P and replace it with four new functions
      >and close the script element. That's about 600 more characters.
      >Any suggestions?

      Paste "// --> ^P^T^T</script>^P" in Find what:
      Paste your new functions in Replace with:
      Hope thats of some help...
      -Adam

    • Carol Mounts
      Message 2 of 4 , May 11, 2002
        Ron,
        Am an [NH} list subscriber but not posted yet.

        Private message.....
        Are you related to Ken Woodall, The DeFrance Genealogist, (among other
        surnames) ?
        He does not have a computer and only way to reach him is by snail mail.
        Thanks in Advance for response.
        Carol A Mounts in Washington PA

        Hi All:

        Perhaps this is a strange question but I thought it was possible to do a
        search and replace on across those documents that were opened and available
        on tabs in NoteTab.

        I have 78 files that I have open and assigned to tabs. Now, I want to make
        the same changes to all 78 files. All I should need to do is tell NoteTab
        to search and replace across all 78 files. BTW, it would also be nice if I
        could search "// --> ^P^T^T</script>^P and replace it with four new
        functions and close the script element. That's about 600 more characters.
        Any suggestions?

        Ron
        ---------------------------------------
        Ron Woodall
        nor@...

        The Compendium of HTML Elements

        - available at/disponible à:

      • Don Passenger
        Message 3 of 4 , May 11, 2002
          Ron,

          Just do search and replace and check all documents.
          That will work on all open documents.

          Alternatively, you can do a disk search and replace without having them all
          open ahead of time under search/search disk

          > Hi All:
          >
          > Perhaps this is a strange question but I thought it was possible to do a
          > search and replace on across those documents that were opened and
          available
          > on tabs in NoteTab.
          >
          > I have 78 files that I have open and assigned to tabs. Now, I want to make
          > the same changes to all 78 files. All I should need to do is tell NoteTab
          > to search and replace across all 78 files. BTW, it would also be nice if I
          > could search "// --> ^P^T^T</script>^P and replace it with four new
          > functions and close the script element. That's about 600 more characters.
          > Any suggestions?
          >
          > Ron
        • Ron Woodall
          Message 4 of 4 , May 12, 2002
            Hi Adam:

            Thanks for the reply.

            At 12:14 PM 5/11/02 -0700, you wrote:
            > >Perhaps this is a strange question but I thought it was possible
            > >to do a search and replace on across those documents that were
            > >opened and available on tabs in NoteTab.
            >
            >Yes, it is. just go to Search>Replace and check "All Documents".
            >
            > >I have 78 files that I have open and assigned to tabs. Now, I want
            > >to make the same changes to all 78 files. All I should need to do
            > >is tell NoteTab to search and replace across all 78 files.
            >
            >I don't understand... isn't that what you just said?

            Yup, but the last time I sent something to a newsgroup (not this
            one) I phrased the question so poorly I got no responses until I rephrased
            the question. I was just hedging my bet on this one.

            > >BTW, it would also be nice if I could search
            > >"// --> ^P^T^T</script>^P and replace it with four new functions
            > >and close the script element. That's about 600 more characters.
            > >Any suggestions?
            >
            >Paste "// --> ^P^T^T</script>^P" in Find what:
            >Paste your new functions in Replace with:
            >Hope thats of some help...

            Perfect. Thank you.

            Ron Woodall