search and replace on opened tabs

  • Ron Woodall
    Message 1 of 3 , May 11, 2002
      Hi All:

      Perhaps this is a strange question but I thought it was possible to do a
      search and replace on across those documents that were opened and available
      on tabs in NoteTab.

      I have 78 files that I have open and assigned to tabs. Now, I want to make
      the same changes to all 78 files. All I should need to do is tell NoteTab
      to search and replace across all 78 files. BTW, it would also be nice if I
      could search "// --> ^P^T^T</script>^P and replace it with four new
      functions and close the script element. That's about 600 more characters.
      Any suggestions?

      Ron
      ---------------------------------------
      Ron Woodall
      nor@...

      The Compendium of HTML Elements

      - available at/disponible à:
      Message 2 of 3 , May 11, 2002
        Hi Ron

        > BTW, it would also be nice if I could search "// --
        > ^P^T^T</script>^P and replace it with four new functions and
        > close the script element. That's about 600 more characters.

        Read Find & Replace Dialog Boxes in Help.

        If the Find criteria is too big to come up when you use the
        Replace dialog (and have Find word at cursor checked), you need
        to copy the text first and paste it in. If the Replace with
        criteria is similar to the Find with having just a few changes,
        simply double click on the Replace with label and the Find what
        text will be put in the Replace with field. Just make the
        changes and go for it. If both fields are large and very
        different so that you have to paste them in, just have your
        criteria in a temp doc so that you can get to it. Paste the Find
        what side in then copy/paste the Replace side.

        http://www.notetab.net

        Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
      • Ron Woodall
        Message 3 of 3 , May 12, 2002
          Thanks to Adam, Don and Jody. I've finally found it and the help file.

          Ron Woodall