Re: CSS - Center a

  • wilkinsonm
    Message 1 of 4 , May 3, 2002
      Hi Ron,

      Thanks for the link to the Compendium. I added it to my Favorites
      right away!

      Regarding the HTML tag <div align=
      If you put another <div> within it and use absolute positioning, the
      nested <div> position references to the upper left-hand corner of the
      window, not the upper left-hand corner of the "parent" <div>, which
      is what I want.

      Regarding the CSS property text-align: center
      This is mainly aimed at text and images. I have found that using it
      to center whole divisions works in some browsers, not others.

      If you check the link I provided, you will see a simplistic version
      that uses JavaScript and does what I want. My original reply mangled
      the link, so here it is again:
      http://websites-graphics.biz/centered.htm

      Thanks!

      Mike Wilkinson