RE: [NH] Colorizing code

    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 25, 2002
      Hi Gert and Others,

      >Never mind my last (same) question. And it would be great to have
      >some syntax coloring customazation in the next release! Before
      >NoteTab Pro I used a text editor that started with the name
      >"Ultra.." or something ;)

      LOL There is a something Edit that has syntax highlighting (SH).
      Eric and I spoke with the author (Ian Mead) and his wife in a few
      different conversations at SIC 1999 (I think it was). They were
      very nice and I remember Eric and Ian commenting on how there was
      room in the market for both of them. I think I still have a .mpg
      file of Eric receiving his award that year, but I'd need to ask
      Eric if it would be OK for me to put it on the web at my site.

      >One thing I very much appreciated where the predefined,
      >downloadable syntaxes for different languages. Is this the way
      >NoteTab Pro could have in the forthcoming releases? That would be
      >even greater.

      First, the next release will be v4.86d (actually a possible beta
      4 before that... <g>) Please get on the ntb-NextRelease list if
      you would like to use and test b3. Please see my signature line
      to subscribe to it. TIA

      <http://www.notetab.com/beta.htm>http://www.notetab<http://www.notetab.com/beta.htm>.com/beta.htm

      SH will be coming in v5 of NoteTab. It will have many predefined
      sets of SH for different programming and script writing. There
      will most likely be a SH repository similar to the Clipbook
      Repository at: http://www.notetab.com/libraries.htm. You will be
      able to customize the ones already packaged with the program and
      my guess is one could build his own SH scheme if it does not
      exist. You should first see it working in an upcoming program
      for developers. The same code will be used in v5 of NoteTab. So,
      although Eric may not be working on v5 directly, he is working on
      it... ;)

      Happy Test'n,
      Jody Adair

      Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options