RE: [NH] Colorizing code

  • 510033841687-0001@t-online.de
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 25, 2002
      Does anyone know if there a color syntax mode for Macromedia Flash's Action
      Script? I'd really like to know a way to color this code in NoteTab Pro.

      Gert

      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 25, 2002
        Good suggestion for the next release. This could be indicated by coloring
        the line numbers too.

        -Adam

        How about having NTP show changed lines of code (prior to a save, of course)
        in a different color?

      • Adam Weston

            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 25, 2002
              pardon my French, but do you know if other languages could be color coded
              too? I just happen to write a lot of Flash Actionscript in NoteTab Pro and I
              would like to know if there is a way to have this syntax highligted.

              Gert

              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 25, 2002
                Never mind my last (same) question. And it would be great to have some
                syntax coloring customazation in the next release! Before NoteTab Pro I
                used a text editor that started with the name "Ultra.." or something ;) One
                thing I very much appreciated where the predefined, downloadable syntaxes
                for different languages. Is this the way NoteTab Pro could have in the
                forthcoming releases? That would be even greater..

                Gert

                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 25, 2002
                  Hi Gert and Others,

                  >Never mind my last (same) question. And it would be great to have
                  >some syntax coloring customazation in the next release! Before
                  >NoteTab Pro I used a text editor that started with the name
                  >"Ultra.." or something ;)

                  LOL There is a something Edit that has syntax highlighting (SH).
                  Eric and I spoke with the author (Ian Mead) and his wife in a few
                  different conversations at SIC 1999 (I think it was). They were
                  very nice and I remember Eric and Ian commenting on how there was
                  room in the market for both of them. I think I still have a .mpg
                  file of Eric receiving his award that year, but I'd need to ask
                  Eric if it would be OK for me to put it on the web at my site.

                  >One thing I very much appreciated where the predefined,
                  >downloadable syntaxes for different languages. Is this the way
                  >NoteTab Pro could have in the forthcoming releases? That would be
                  >even greater.

                  First, the next release will be v4.86d (actually a possible beta
                  4 before that... <g>) Please get on the ntb-NextRelease list if
                  you would like to use and test b3. Please see my signature line
                  to subscribe to it. TIA

                  <http://www.notetab.com/beta.htm>http://www.notetab<http://www.notetab.com/beta.htm>.com/beta.htm

                  SH will be coming in v5 of NoteTab. It will have many predefined
                  sets of SH for different programming and script writing. There
                  will most likely be a SH repository similar to the Clipbook
                  Repository at: http://www.notetab.com/libraries.htm. You will be
                  able to customize the ones already packaged with the program and
                  my guess is one could build his own SH scheme if it does not
                  exist. You should first see it working in an upcoming program
                  for developers. The same code will be used in v5 of NoteTab. So,
                  although Eric may not be working on v5 directly, he is working on
                  it... ;)

                  Happy Test'n,
                  Jody Adair

                  Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options