Colorizing code

  • Dan Swensen
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 23, 2002
      Hey, all,

      I am wondering if there is a clip / resource / handy guide, or indeed even a
      way to customize how code is colorized in NoteTab Pro. I really enjoy the
      feature of NoteTab colorizing HTML code, but I do a lot of PHP programming
      and would really like to customize NoteTab so it will colorize some of my PHP
      code. However, I have no idea where to begin, or even if this is possible.
      Can anyone help?

      TIA,
      Dan
    • Wright, John - Textron Financial
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 24, 2002
        How about having NTP show changed lines of code (prior to a save, of course)
        in a different color?

        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 24, 2002
          Hi Dan,
          Not yet. . . as of version 4.x, NoteTabPro will only colorize as per HTML or
          ClipLanguage coding.
          The next big upgrade, version 5 (coming at an unknown date) will include
          customizeable (sp?) colors.
          The free version, does not colorize, I believe.
          So someday. . .
          Take care,
          Stephen

        • 510033841687-0001@t-online.de
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 25, 2002
            Does anyone know if there a color syntax mode for Macromedia Flash's Action
            Script? I'd really like to know a way to color this code in NoteTab Pro.

            Gert

            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 25, 2002
              Good suggestion for the next release. This could be indicated by coloring
              the line numbers too.

              -Adam

                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 25, 2002
                    pardon my French, but do you know if other languages could be color coded
                    too? I just happen to write a lot of Flash Actionscript in NoteTab Pro and I
                    would like to know if there is a way to have this syntax highligted.

                    Gert

                    Message 9 of 10 , Apr 25, 2002
                      Never mind my last (same) question. And it would be great to have some
                      syntax coloring customazation in the next release! Before NoteTab Pro I
                      used a text editor that started with the name "Ultra.." or something ;) One
                      thing I very much appreciated where the predefined, downloadable syntaxes
                      for different languages. Is this the way NoteTab Pro could have in the
                      forthcoming releases? That would be even greater..

                      Gert

                      Message 10 of 10 , Apr 25, 2002
                        Hi Gert and Others,

                        >Never mind my last (same) question. And it would be great to have
                        >some syntax coloring customazation in the next release! Before
                        >NoteTab Pro I used a text editor that started with the name
                        >"Ultra.." or something ;)

                        LOL There is a something Edit that has syntax highlighting (SH).
                        Eric and I spoke with the author (Ian Mead) and his wife in a few
                        different conversations at SIC 1999 (I think it was). They were
                        very nice and I remember Eric and Ian commenting on how there was
                        room in the market for both of them. I think I still have a .mpg
                        file of Eric receiving his award that year, but I'd need to ask
                        Eric if it would be OK for me to put it on the web at my site.

                        >One thing I very much appreciated where the predefined,
                        >downloadable syntaxes for different languages. Is this the way
                        >NoteTab Pro could have in the forthcoming releases? That would be
                        >even greater.

                        First, the next release will be v4.86d (actually a possible beta
                        4 before that... <g>) Please get on the ntb-NextRelease list if
                        you would like to use and test b3. Please see my signature line
                        to subscribe to it. TIA

                        <http://www.notetab.com/beta.htm>http://www.notetab<http://www.notetab.com/beta.htm>.com/beta.htm

                        SH will be coming in v5 of NoteTab. It will have many predefined
                        sets of SH for different programming and script writing. There
                        will most likely be a SH repository similar to the Clipbook
                        Repository at: http://www.notetab.com/libraries.htm. You will be
                        able to customize the ones already packaged with the program and
                        my guess is one could build his own SH scheme if it does not
                        exist. You should first see it working in an upcoming program
                        for developers. The same code will be used in v5 of NoteTab. So,
                        although Eric may not be working on v5 directly, he is working on
                        it... ;)

                        Happy Test'n,
                        Jody Adair

                        Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options