Re: [NH] Wizard needed.

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 26, 2002
      > On 3/26/02 8:40 PM, Adrian Worsfold wrote:
      >
      > Does anyone know if it's possible to cause a page break in a web page
      when and
      > only
      > when it's printed from a browser?
      >
      > I've got here a printing properties in a style sheet:
      >
      > page-break-before auto always left right
      > page-break-after auto always left right
      >
      > After this I'm unsure.
      >
      > Adrian Worsfold

      Adrian,

      I'll file what you sent for future reference. Following is the
      information I found at a website and it works exactly as I needed.

      <STYLE TYPE="text/css">
      P.breakhere {page-break-before: always}
      </STYLE>

      This then will be the activator for the page break:

      <P CLASS="breakhere">

      hrs
    • stephen riddle
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 26, 2002
        Hi Harvey, Adrian,

        That is the right code(except remember to separate the declarations with
        semicolons.), but I have tested it on my small stable of browsers and it did
        not work on any of them.
        Does it work for anybody? ????
        Take care,
        Stephen

        > I've got here a printing properties in a style sheet:
        >
        > page-break-before auto always left right
        > page-break-after auto always left right
        >
        > After this I'm unsure.

      • Greg Chapman
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 27, 2002
          Hi hsavage,

          > > I've got here a printing properties in a style sheet:
          > >
          > > page-break-before auto always left right
          > > page-break-after auto always left right
          > >
          > > After this I'm unsure.
          > >
          > > Adrian Worsfold

          > <STYLE TYPE="text/css">
          > P.breakhere {page-break-before: always}
          > </STYLE>
          >
          > This then will be the activator for the page break:
          >
          > <P CLASS="breakhere">

          The trouble with this stuff is that it relies on the users browser being
          proper CSS2 aware. MSIE v5.5 isn't. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong, but
          it doesn't work for me! (Don't know if the SR1 pack fixed that - at 8Mb it's
          too big a download for me to try at the moment.

          Greg