[NH] Re: htmlib 4.0

  • Kay Roath
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 16, 1999
      12/16/1999 12:56 AM Pierre Johnson wrote

      > Refering to the ongoing discussion on HTML Lib versions 3 and
      > 4. I just installed HTML Lib 4.0 in the Note Tab directory. Up to now
      > I had HTML Lib 3.0. The installation of version 4 didn't erase version
      > 3, as the files are different: v 3 uses a .hlp file, and v 4 a .exe file.
      > This explains that in Note Tab, you can only see version 3 in the
      > help menu. Or has someone found a way to launch version 4
      > through this menu ?

      Installed 4 today & put a shortcut in my NoteTab dir pointing to
      HTMLib.exe - works fine.

      Apparently, NoteTab looks for any shortcut in the NoteTab dir that
      contains 'HTMLib' as part of the name. It will grab the first
      one it finds & doesn't care where it points. Basically, you can
      use a shortcut to anything as long as you get the name right &
      remember that the HTMLib menu item points to something other than
      HTMLib :)

      --- Grandma Kay ---
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 16, 1999
        Hi Kay,

        > Apparently, NoteTab looks for any shortcut in the NoteTab dir
        > that contains 'HTMLib' as part of the name. It will grab the
        > first one it finds & doesn't care where it points. Basically,
        > you can use a shortcut to anything as long as you get the name
        > right & remember that the HTMLib menu item points to something
        > other than HTMLib :)

        Obviously one cannot fit both versions in Ctrl+Fll. <g> This is
        from one of my posts from a year or two ago. (You can also fake
        NoteTab out and use a different color picker also as I mentioned
        at the begining of this thread - I prefer BK Colour Coder.)

        How to setup HTMLib.

        From Eric's help:

        (* to create the shortcut: 1. open Explorer and select the HTMLib
        file; 2. press Ctrl+C to copy it to the Clipboard; 3. select the
        NoteTab directory and choose the command "paste Shortcut" from
        the Edit menu. The menu command will be displayed in NoteTab
        after you restart it.)

        The name of the shortcuts in the NoteTab folder are:

        For Version 3 HTMLib
        Htmlib95.hlp

        For Version 4 HTMLib
        HTMLib.exe

        That is the last window before selecting OK in the shortcut
        dialog and is also the name of the file that the shortcut must
        point to. (Your paths of course.)

        For Version 3 HTMLib
        Target: C:\NTB450\HTMLib\Htmlib95.hlp
        Start in: C:\NTB450\HTMLib

        For Version 4 HTMLib
        Target: C:\Program Files\HTMLib.exe
        Start In: C:\Program Files\HTMLib

        http://www.sureword.com/notetab

        The NoteTab and Html List...
        mailto:Ntb-html-Subscribe@...
      • Kay Roath
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 16, 1999
          12/16/1999 9:01 AM Jody wrote
          > The name of the shortcuts in the NoteTab folder are:
          > For Version 3 HTMLib
          > Htmlib95.hlp

          > For Version 4 HTMLib
          > HTMLib.exe

          > That is the last window before selecting OK in the shortcut
          > dialog and is also the name of the file that the shortcut must
          > point to. (Your paths of course.)

          I'm working on a NoteTab keyboard shortcut reference in Delphi
          called NoteCut.exe. I put a shortcut in the NoteTab folder
          named 'NoteCut HTMLib' & pointing to NoteCut.exe. I get the
          HTMLib menu item & it runs NoteCut.exe. Seems the only
          important part in the shortcut name is HTMLib. With 2 shorcuts
          containing that text, NoteTab executes the earliest one.

          --- Grandma Kay ---
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 16, 1999
            Hi Kay,

            >> The name of the shortcuts in the NoteTab folder are:
            >> For Version 3 HTMLib
            >> Htmlib95.hlp
            >
            >> For Version 4 HTMLib
            >> HTMLib.exe

            > Seems the only important part in the shortcut name is HTMLib.
            > With 2 shorcuts containing that text, NoteTab executes the
            > earliest one.

            True as I said before. I just posted the way it had to be
            before. Actually, as you found out, one can put any program
            there as long as the shortcut name is what NoteTab is looking
            for. That is how I have always done BK Colour Coder. Did I
            mention is what my preference? <bg>