[NH] htmlib 4.0

  • Pierre Johnson
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 16, 1999
      Hi,

      Refering to the ongoing discussion on HTML Lib versions 3 and
      4. I just installed HTML Lib 4.0 in the Note Tab directory. Up to now
      I had HTML Lib 3.0. The installation of version 4 didn't erase version
      3, as the files are different: v 3 uses a .hlp file, and v 4 a .exe file.
      This explains that in Note Tab, you can only see version 3 in the
      help menu. Or has someone found a way to launch version 4
      through this menu ?
      Pierre Johnson
      pwj@...
      146, avenue Ledru-Rollin
      75011 Paris, France
      tel : 33 (0)1 4356 0194
      http://www.multimania.com/pwj
    • Kay Roath
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 16, 1999
        12/16/1999 12:56 AM Pierre Johnson wrote

        > Refering to the ongoing discussion on HTML Lib versions 3 and
        > 4. I just installed HTML Lib 4.0 in the Note Tab directory. Up to now
        > I had HTML Lib 3.0. The installation of version 4 didn't erase version
        > 3, as the files are different: v 3 uses a .hlp file, and v 4 a .exe file.
        > This explains that in Note Tab, you can only see version 3 in the
        > help menu. Or has someone found a way to launch version 4
        > through this menu ?

        Installed 4 today & put a shortcut in my NoteTab dir pointing to
        HTMLib.exe - works fine.

        Apparently, NoteTab looks for any shortcut in the NoteTab dir that
        contains 'HTMLib' as part of the name. It will grab the first
        one it finds & doesn't care where it points. Basically, you can
        use a shortcut to anything as long as you get the name right &
        remember that the HTMLib menu item points to something other than
        HTMLib :)

        --- Grandma Kay ---
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 16, 1999
          Hi Kay,

          > Apparently, NoteTab looks for any shortcut in the NoteTab dir
          > that contains 'HTMLib' as part of the name. It will grab the
          > first one it finds & doesn't care where it points. Basically,
          > you can use a shortcut to anything as long as you get the name
          > right & remember that the HTMLib menu item points to something
          > other than HTMLib :)

          Obviously one cannot fit both versions in Ctrl+Fll. <g> This is
          from one of my posts from a year or two ago. (You can also fake
          NoteTab out and use a different color picker also as I mentioned
          at the begining of this thread - I prefer BK Colour Coder.)

          How to setup HTMLib.

          From Eric's help:

          (* to create the shortcut: 1. open Explorer and select the HTMLib
          file; 2. press Ctrl+C to copy it to the Clipboard; 3. select the
          NoteTab directory and choose the command "paste Shortcut" from
          the Edit menu. The menu command will be displayed in NoteTab
          after you restart it.)

          The name of the shortcuts in the NoteTab folder are:

          For Version 3 HTMLib
          Htmlib95.hlp

          For Version 4 HTMLib
          HTMLib.exe

          That is the last window before selecting OK in the shortcut
          dialog and is also the name of the file that the shortcut must
          point to. (Your paths of course.)

          For Version 3 HTMLib
          Target: C:\NTB450\HTMLib\Htmlib95.hlp
          Start in: C:\NTB450\HTMLib

          For Version 4 HTMLib
          Target: C:\Program Files\HTMLib.exe
          Start In: C:\Program Files\HTMLib

          http://www.sureword.com/notetab

          The NoteTab and Html List...
          mailto:Ntb-html-Subscribe@...
        • Kay Roath
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 16, 1999
            12/16/1999 9:01 AM Jody wrote
            > The name of the shortcuts in the NoteTab folder are:
            > For Version 3 HTMLib
            > Htmlib95.hlp

            > For Version 4 HTMLib
            > HTMLib.exe

            > That is the last window before selecting OK in the shortcut
            > dialog and is also the name of the file that the shortcut must
            > point to. (Your paths of course.)

            I'm working on a NoteTab keyboard shortcut reference in Delphi
            called NoteCut.exe. I put a shortcut in the NoteTab folder
            named 'NoteCut HTMLib' & pointing to NoteCut.exe. I get the
            HTMLib menu item & it runs NoteCut.exe. Seems the only
            important part in the shortcut name is HTMLib. With 2 shorcuts
            containing that text, NoteTab executes the earliest one.

            --- Grandma Kay ---
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 16, 1999
              Hi Kay,

              >> The name of the shortcuts in the NoteTab folder are:
              >> For Version 3 HTMLib
              >> Htmlib95.hlp
              >
              >> For Version 4 HTMLib
              >> HTMLib.exe

              > Seems the only important part in the shortcut name is HTMLib.
              > With 2 shorcuts containing that text, NoteTab executes the
              > earliest one.

              True as I said before. I just posted the way it had to be
              before. Actually, as you found out, one can put any program
              there as long as the shortcut name is what NoteTab is looking
              for. That is how I have always done BK Colour Coder. Did I
              mention is what my preference? <bg>