Find and Replace

  • Don Strack
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 14 7:46 PM
      I need to find multiple lines of text, such as:

      <TABLE CELLSPACING=0 BORDER=0 CELLPADDING=7 WIDTH="100%">
      General Notes:</TD>
      </TR>
      </TABLE>

      <TABLE CELLSPACING=0 BORDER=0 CELLPADDING=7 WIDTH="100%">

      ... and replace it with:

      Can someone tell me how to do this in 75 different documents, several times
      in each document. I have tried simple cut and paste, but I am limited to a
      single line that ends at a hard return.

      Don Strack
    • Don Strack
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 14 8:28 PM
        Never mind. I figured it out.

        I was stumbling on the hard return character vs. ^P

        I love NoteTab.

        Don Strack
      • ruben.biezeman@bakernet.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 15 12:07 AM
          type the text you want to repace it with, select it, Contol X (Cut in pate
          buffer)

          Select the text you want to replace press control R (then it is in the
          search part of the doc)
          Copy the first text in replace field,
          select All docs, all directions and regexp.
          make sure you put a \ befroe all regexp's special chars (" \ & ) ( { } etc.)
          in the search text and in the replace text
          press OK.
          works for me for 600+ doc's in one time :)