Re: [NH] Re: question about View in Browser command

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 7, 2002
      Hi Michael,

      >I did come up with a workaround. I removed the reference to
      >Netscape and IE from the Internet Options tab page. Surprise! F8
      >opened the current html page in Netscape, Shift F8 did nothing.
      >I'm not sure how Notetab found Netscape.

      Netscape must be your default browser. That is what NoteTab
      defaults to when no browser is configured in Options | Internet |
      Main Browser. Shift F8 only works when you have a second browser
      configured.

      >Then I added the path to IE in the Other Browser field and Shift
      >F8 opened the page in a full screen version of IE. So now I can
      >open in both browsers but Notetab is opening *new* browsers
      >windows each time I use View in Browser or View in Other Browser.

      Look in NoteTab's ini file and see if you have "NewBrowserWindow"
      set to a one. I have NetScape 4.7 in my Main Browser and Opera
      in my Other Browser. Neither opens an extra instance.

      >What is the designed behavior? The help file says that Notetab
      >somehow detects the main browser and "uses that instance."

      "Main Browser: When left blank, NoteTab can detect if the default
      browser (Internet Explorer, Netscape, or Opera) is already open
      and use that instance. You can specify another browser if you do
      not want to launch the default one."

      http://www.notetab.net

      Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options