second window puzzler

  • paul
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 7, 2002
      hi people,

      i've finally cottoned on to the usefulness of the 'second window' option in
      notetab, when working on a stylesheet and the html document that it's linked
      to - do your work on the css doc and after shifting focus to the html doc
      with a click in the other pane, you fire up your browser to see the
      results of your tinkering.

      here's my problem: i have my css doc in the left pane and my html doc in the
      right. when i want to bring up a different html doc in the right pane, the
      darned thing keeps coming up in the left pane, replacing the css doc. this
      obviously defeats the benefit of a second window, as i want to keep the
      css doc in view while working on the various html docs it controls.

      no matter how hard i try to shift the focus to the right hand pane, the
      other html docs i want to work on keep coming up in the left hand pane! :-(

      needless to say, i'm overlooking something blindingly obvious but i'm
      in a bit of a wood/trees type situation.

      does anyone have a torch handy?

      paul
    • Lotta
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 7, 2002
        >i've finally cottoned on to the usefulness of the 'second window' option in
        >notetab,
        <snip>
        >here's my problem: i have my css doc in the left pane and my html doc in the
        >right. when i want to bring up a different html doc in the right pane, the
        >darned thing keeps coming up in the left pane,
        <snip>
        >needless to say, i'm overlooking something blindingly obvious but i'm
        >in a bit of a wood/trees type situation.

        What about this? Have your html in the left window and your css in the right.