Re: [NTB] New IE window opening in Browser preview

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 19, 2002
      Hi Adrian, Ash, Brian, and Others...

      (I provided work-arounds below for the IE - View in Browser
      problem. We should pick this conversation up on the HTML or
      NextRelease list if need be. TIA!)

      I installed NoteTab Pro v4.80 and it sure enough only opened one
      window at a time as Ash mentioned. So, something changed along
      the way now that it wants to display in the same window and the
      first time launched I get a blank window and the page.

      There are was around it though. try setting IE up as your Second
      Browser in Options | Internet. Hold the Shift key down when you
      want to View in Other Browser. When I did it I got a new window
      each time.

      Another way to do it is by using Custom Launch in the Tools tab
      in Options. The tool is called Launch Document as far as adding
      it to the Toolbar or Shortcut menu goes. In Options | Tools add
      the following with your own path:

      "E:\Browsers\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" ^**

      The H:\notetab\index.htm code tells NoteTab to display the
      temporary file of the focused document. If the file has not been
      edited, then the last saved copy will be displayed in the
      browser.

      You can also put Clips on your default Clipbar. You can download
      my webmaster.zip Library for that. It comes with a Clipbar. It
      is idea for those that test HTML in different browsers, those
      that use our third party products, etc.

      Requires NoteTab version 4.82
      Last updated on 07-03-2000
      http://www.notetab.net/zip/webmaster.zip

      I'll send the above information to the lists so that it might
      help others out as well until Eric can hopefully fix the problem
      in a maintenance release.

      Adrian Worsfold wrote:
      >Yes I reported this some time ago. Interestingly since the big
      >reinstall it stopped happening.

      Happy Test'n,
      Jody Adair

      Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options