Re: [NH] Re: Different browsers

  • paul
    Message 1 of 26 , Feb 19, 2002
      From: "Jeff Burrows" <jeffb2nd@...>
      To: <ntb-html@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: 19 February 2002 04:00
      Subject: RE: [NH] Re: Different browsers

      > One thing that might help everyone dealing with this question
      > is better statistics. Scott mentions that 20% of people use
      > something other than IE 5,5.5, or 6. That may be true, but
      > where do you get that stat? If we add in NS 4.7 or higher,
      > amd IE 4 what percentage are we up to?
      >
      > I would direct people to:
      > http://www.thecounter.com/stats/2002/February/browser.php
      > This counts all the visitors to the Internet.com family of
      > sites (about 300 Million hits a month) and this shows
      > IE5.x 62%, IE6.x 25%, IE4.x 4% (that's 91%) and then
      > NS4.x 4% and NSother 1% The rest are all less than 1%.

      i have access to the stats of site which gets 16-18000 hits a day and
      browser usage breaks down along the lines indicated by thecounter.com - all
      versions of netscape account for a measly 5-6% on average, with explorer
      consistently hitting 91-92%.

      i've also seen traffic stats from smaller sites, which back these figures
      up.

      paul