[NH] Re: htmlib 4.0

    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 15, 1999
      Hi Bill,

      >> do you know if it will run on windows 98 and netscape com 4.7 ??
      >>
      >> it says 95 on the page but not sure how current the page is ??
      I can run 3 & (I think 4) on 98. 98 runs all 95 apps as far as I
      know. Same OS; just more features. (I'll check version 4 out
      later tonight when I get some time. The wife's ToDo list is
      burning a hole in my ears right now - the dog house is cold this
      time of year, ya know. ;)

      There is not that much difference in the code in 3 & 4. 3 is
      faster because it does not add all the multi-media junk. It is
      best for slower machines.

      I don't know what NS 4.7 Communictor would have to do with HTMLib
      Reference Library. I believe you need IE4 or 5 though to get it
      to work. I know ver 3 works with 98 for sure because that is what
      I have installed.

      > LBBTN.OCX is missing or corrupt ...
      > runtime error 13

      I do not have that. I suspect it is a VB file that would come in
      a package or a file that comes in IE4.

      http://www.sureword.com/notetab

      The NoteTab and Html List...
      mailto:Ntb-html-Subscribe@...
    • Bill Scott
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 15, 1999
        Thanks Jody .... I was just hoping maybe someone might have the lbbtn.ocx
        file so I did not have to download ie

        Happy Stockdoggin ......

        Bill *||:>)
        Online Puppy Tutorial

        http://www.stockdogsaction.com/puppies.htm
      • Sanjay_Lulla@mail.bankone.com
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 15, 1999
          Hi Ray,

          Might be i am missing something...but ctrl+F11 did not work for me. I get to it
          from the win95 start menu or from a desktop shortcut.!

          Does ctrl+F11 open the HTMLIB for you......?

          Please let me know....

          Thanks. Sanjay.

          Raymond Fitzgerald <raymond.fitzgerald@...> on 12/15/99 10:41:38 AM

          Please respond to ntb-html@egroups.com

          To: "'ntb-html@egroups.com'" <ntb-html@egroups.com>
          cc: (bcc: Sanjay Lulla/OH/BANCONE)
          Subject: [NH] Re: htmlib 4.0

          Hi Sanjay,

          >Thanks Bill and Ray.......that HTMLIB is really useful.....I always felt it
          hard
          >to remember the syntax and the books kept getting out-dated with new tags
          coming
          >along. I never knew something this user-friendly HTMLIB existed. (I am new
          >HTML game.)

          And you get to it with Ctrl+F11, right? That's the part I like best!

          Cheers,
          Ray

          Don?t have the time or patience to search for unique
          products & services? Then click to let us find them for you.
          You Request, We Respond. http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/1957

          eGroups.com Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-html/
        • Ernie
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 15, 1999

            > Might be i am missing something...but ctrl+F11 did not work for me.

            From the help file:

            NoteTab makes the popular "The HTML Reference Library" (by Stephen Le
            Hunte) available from the Help menu. If you have HTMLib version 3.0 or
            older, you can install the package in the same directory as NoteTab.
            Another method that works with all versions is to create a shortcut* to
            the HTMLib.exe file in the NoteTab directory.

            * to create the shortcut:
            1. open Explorer and select the HTMLib file;
            2. press Ctrl+C to copy it to the Clipboard;
            3. select the NoteTab directory and choose the command "paste Shortcut"
            from the Edit menu.

            The menu command will be displayed in NoteTab after you restart it.
            (in the help menu)
          • Raymond Fitzgerald
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 15, 1999
              Hi Sanjay,

              >Might be i am missing something...but ctrl+F11 did not work for me. I get
              to it
              >from the win95 start menu or from a desktop shortcut.!
              >
              >Does ctrl+F11 open the HTMLIB for you......?

              Yes, it does, and you're gonna love doing it that way! Sorry, I wasn't
              thinking that one usually needs to take one extra step after installing
              HTMLib, as covered real well by Ernie. Let us know if you're not rockin'
              soon!

              Ray
            • Pierre Johnson
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 15, 1999
                That's really cool. It will be a very useful feature, that I didn't see
                documented before, though I used the HTML Libary often.

                Pierre

                > NoteTab makes the popular "The HTML Reference Library" (by Stephen Le
                > Hunte) available from the Help menu.

                Pierre Johnson
                pwj@...
                146, avenue Ledru-Rollin