Re: [NH] line nos

  • Lotta
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 6, 2002
      >Thanks Lotta, but no spelling checker in tools, or anywhere else that I
      >can see.
      >Leave it with me. Thanks again.

      Sorry Neil. Maybe you use Notetab Light? It doesn't have spell checker. :(
      http://www.notetab.com/chart.htm

      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 6, 2002
        Hi Artis,

        The latest dictionaries and thesaurus installation program can be
        found at:

        Setup program with English dictionaries and thesaurus
        (size 1,394 KB; updated 8 May 2000)
        http://www.notetab.com/ftp/dicts.exe

        Run the dictionary installation program that you downloaded if
        that is what you got - the file should be named: dicts.exe The
        setup program should find your NoteTab installation, but if not,
        browse to the folder you installed NoteTab in (C:\Program
        Files\NoteTab Pro\ (or C:\Program Files\NoteTab Std\) is the
        default path. Open the Dictionaries folder underneath it and
        click on OK. The dictionaries and thesaurus will install at that
        time.

        Start up NoteTab and click on the main menu: View | Spell Checker
        Options... If you do not see the dictionaries in the upper
        window, use the Add button to browse to the folder you installed
        them to. Click on English.dct and repeat the Add for AmerAdd.dct.
        They should be found in the following folder if you installed
        with the default installation path and depending on the program
        you installed. (Click on the Help button in the Spell Checker
        Options window for more information.)

        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Dictionaries\
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Std\Dictionaries\

        In the Spell Checker Options windows you will see the following
        listed:

        Base English v2.01
        American Add-on v2.01

        Other dictionaries may be found at the following location. Not all
        of them have the Add-on portion to them. You will need a program
        that will decompress ".zip" files for them like WinZip.

        http://www.notetab.com/dictionaries.htm

        You can use as many dictionaries as you want if you configure them
        in the View | Spell Checker Options... Do press the Help button for
        more detailed information in that window.

        The Spell Checker is a third party product along with any
        dictionaries we have for download. I can compile a dictionary if
        I have a word list, one word to a line. So, if you get me such a
        list, I can make a dictionary for you. The second link below
        would be the place that you would check periodically to see if
        one has been made.

        >> >2 Is there a spell check... how do I get a spell check for ntb
        >pro ?

        http://www.notetab.net

        Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
      • ARTIS
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 7, 2002
          Jody wrote:

          > Hi Artis,
          >
          > The latest dictionaries and thesaurus installation program can be
          > found at:

          Thanks Jody, I got the dictionary. I realise now I need to register ntb pro -
          buy it - which I will do. It's proving to be just what I require. Thanks also
          for the "modify lines" bit. Works well - still haven't got it to quite agree
          with how tidy allocates lines, but I can live with that for now.
          Cheers
          Neil

        • john041650
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 8, 2002
            >still haven't got it to quite agree with how tidy allocates lines,
            but I can live with that for now.
            > Cheers
            > Neil

            Hi Neil,

            Back in December I posted a clip in the ntp-clips list (not this HTML
            one) which I wrote to match the line numbers in the active HTML
            document in NoteTab, with HTML tidy's error results line numbers..
            It turns the word wrap option off and the line numbers on in NTP (and
            vice versa).. It was msg 7982 if you're interested.

            Since then I've moved up to the CSE HTML Validator which, amongst
            many other things, finds and highlights the errors..

            John :)