Re: [NH] line nos

  • ARTIS
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 6, 2002
      Bruce Somers wrote:

      > I know what a spelling checker does. But what is a spell checker?
      > Are there programs that can determine, for example, whether I an under
      > the influence of a hypnotist or a voodoo priest?
      >
      > That takes the cake. Made my day! Thank you Bruce
      > Neil, the spell checker

    • ARTIS
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 6, 2002
        > >2 Is there a spell check... how do I get a spell check for ntb pro ?
        >
        > Tools | Spelling

        Thanks Lotta, but no spelling checker in tools, or anywhere else that I can see.
        Leave it with me. Thanks again.
        Neil

      • Don Passenger
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 6, 2002
          I think some html validators report line numbers for errors without counting
          the empty lines which are of no consequence to html.

          --
          Don Passenger
          mailto:dpasseng@...
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 6, 2002
            >Thanks Lotta, but no spelling checker in tools, or anywhere else that I
            >can see.
            >Leave it with me. Thanks again.

            Sorry Neil. Maybe you use Notetab Light? It doesn't have spell checker. :(
            http://www.notetab.com/chart.htm

            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 6, 2002
              Hi Artis,

              The latest dictionaries and thesaurus installation program can be
              found at:

              Setup program with English dictionaries and thesaurus
              (size 1,394 KB; updated 8 May 2000)
              http://www.notetab.com/ftp/dicts.exe

              Run the dictionary installation program that you downloaded if
              that is what you got - the file should be named: dicts.exe The
              setup program should find your NoteTab installation, but if not,
              browse to the folder you installed NoteTab in (C:\Program
              Files\NoteTab Pro\ (or C:\Program Files\NoteTab Std\) is the
              default path. Open the Dictionaries folder underneath it and
              click on OK. The dictionaries and thesaurus will install at that
              time.

              Start up NoteTab and click on the main menu: View | Spell Checker
              Options... If you do not see the dictionaries in the upper
              window, use the Add button to browse to the folder you installed
              them to. Click on English.dct and repeat the Add for AmerAdd.dct.
              They should be found in the following folder if you installed
              with the default installation path and depending on the program
              you installed. (Click on the Help button in the Spell Checker
              Options window for more information.)

              C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Dictionaries\
              C:\Program Files\NoteTab Std\Dictionaries\

              In the Spell Checker Options windows you will see the following
              listed:

              Base English v2.01
              American Add-on v2.01

              Other dictionaries may be found at the following location. Not all
              of them have the Add-on portion to them. You will need a program
              that will decompress ".zip" files for them like WinZip.

              http://www.notetab.com/dictionaries.htm

              You can use as many dictionaries as you want if you configure them
              in the View | Spell Checker Options... Do press the Help button for
              more detailed information in that window.

              The Spell Checker is a third party product along with any
              dictionaries we have for download. I can compile a dictionary if
              I have a word list, one word to a line. So, if you get me such a
              list, I can make a dictionary for you. The second link below
              would be the place that you would check periodically to see if
              one has been made.

              >> >2 Is there a spell check... how do I get a spell check for ntb
              >pro ?

              http://www.notetab.net

              Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
            • ARTIS
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 7, 2002
                Jody wrote:

                > Hi Artis,
                >
                > The latest dictionaries and thesaurus installation program can be
                > found at:

                Thanks Jody, I got the dictionary. I realise now I need to register ntb pro -
                buy it - which I will do. It's proving to be just what I require. Thanks also
                for the "modify lines" bit. Works well - still haven't got it to quite agree
                with how tidy allocates lines, but I can live with that for now.
                Cheers
                Neil

              • john041650
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 8, 2002
                  >still haven't got it to quite agree with how tidy allocates lines,
                  but I can live with that for now.
                  > Cheers
                  > Neil

                  Hi Neil,

                  Back in December I posted a clip in the ntp-clips list (not this HTML
                  one) which I wrote to match the line numbers in the active HTML
                  document in NoteTab, with HTML tidy's error results line numbers..
                  It turns the word wrap option off and the line numbers on in NTP (and
                  vice versa).. It was msg 7982 if you're interested.

                  Since then I've moved up to the CSE HTML Validator which, amongst
                  many other things, finds and highlights the errors..

                  John :)