Re: [NH] line nos

  • Bruce Somers
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 6, 2002
      It seems that an HTML source code file would be a single string
      for any HTML interpreter.

      Lines and line numbers are artefacts of the editors and other programs
      called upon to process that code. They are ignored by the interpreter,
      or should be.

      It's unfortunate when the different programs do not retain the formatting
      as done by the author, so that line numbers remain significant.

      I know what a spelling checker does. But what is a spell checker?
      Are there programs that can determine, for example, whether I an under
      the influence of a hypnotist or a voodoo priest?

      Bruce Somers

      Re: [NH] line nos
      Von: Lotta <loro@...>
      An: ntb-html@yahoogroups.com

      Datum: 06.02.02 05:57 erweiterten Header anzeigen

      Hi Neil,

      >Depending how you format in ntb prok, eg, blank lines, line numbers take
      >on different
      >significance, and they are also at variance with line numbers html tidy
      >is giving me.

      I suspect that your problem is Word Wrap. Notetab numbers the "virtual",
      wrapped lines. To get the "real" line numbers that correspond to how
      another application, like Tidy, sees them you have to turn Word Wrap off.

      You find WW on the Document menu or you can toggle it on and off with CTRL
      + W. You may also have a button for it, depending on how you have things
      set up.

      >2 Is there a spell check... how do I get a spell check for ntb pro ?

      Tools | Spelling

      Die Nummer, die man nie vergisst: Ihre persönliche Wunschrufnummer von WEB.DE!
      Jetzt einsteigen http://freemail.web.de