Re: [NH] line nos

  • Lotta
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 5, 2002
      Hi Neil,

      >Depending how you format in ntb prok, eg, blank lines, line numbers take
      >on different
      >significance, and they are also at variance with line numbers html tidy
      >is giving me.

      I suspect that your problem is Word Wrap. Notetab numbers the "virtual",
      wrapped lines. To get the "real" line numbers that correspond to how
      another application, like Tidy, sees them you have to turn Word Wrap off.

      You find WW on the Document menu or you can toggle it on and off with CTRL
      + W. You may also have a button for it, depending on how you have things
      set up.

      >2 Is there a spell check... how do I get a spell check for ntb pro ?

      Tools | Spelling

      I don't remember if the spell checker is included in the download. If not,
      you have to download the setup program and the dictionaries you want from
      the Notatab site.
      http://www.notetab.com/dictionaries.htm

      Lotta
    • ARTIS
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 6, 2002
        Bruce Somers wrote:

        > I know what a spelling checker does. But what is a spell checker?
        > Are there programs that can determine, for example, whether I an under
        > the influence of a hypnotist or a voodoo priest?
        >
        > That takes the cake. Made my day! Thank you Bruce
        > Neil, the spell checker

      • ARTIS
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 6, 2002
          > >2 Is there a spell check... how do I get a spell check for ntb pro ?
          >
          > Tools | Spelling

          Thanks Lotta, but no spelling checker in tools, or anywhere else that I can see.
          Leave it with me. Thanks again.
          Neil

        • Don Passenger
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 6, 2002
            I think some html validators report line numbers for errors without counting
            the empty lines which are of no consequence to html.

            --
            Don Passenger
            mailto:dpasseng@...
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 6, 2002
              >Thanks Lotta, but no spelling checker in tools, or anywhere else that I
              >can see.
              >Leave it with me. Thanks again.

              Sorry Neil. Maybe you use Notetab Light? It doesn't have spell checker. :(
              http://www.notetab.com/chart.htm

              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 6, 2002
                Hi Artis,

                The latest dictionaries and thesaurus installation program can be
                found at:

                Setup program with English dictionaries and thesaurus
                (size 1,394 KB; updated 8 May 2000)
                http://www.notetab.com/ftp/dicts.exe

                Run the dictionary installation program that you downloaded if
                that is what you got - the file should be named: dicts.exe The
                setup program should find your NoteTab installation, but if not,
                browse to the folder you installed NoteTab in (C:\Program
                Files\NoteTab Pro\ (or C:\Program Files\NoteTab Std\) is the
                default path. Open the Dictionaries folder underneath it and
                click on OK. The dictionaries and thesaurus will install at that
                time.

                Start up NoteTab and click on the main menu: View | Spell Checker
                Options... If you do not see the dictionaries in the upper
                window, use the Add button to browse to the folder you installed
                them to. Click on English.dct and repeat the Add for AmerAdd.dct.
                They should be found in the following folder if you installed
                with the default installation path and depending on the program
                you installed. (Click on the Help button in the Spell Checker
                Options window for more information.)

                C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Dictionaries\
                C:\Program Files\NoteTab Std\Dictionaries\

                In the Spell Checker Options windows you will see the following
                listed:

                Base English v2.01
                American Add-on v2.01

                Other dictionaries may be found at the following location. Not all
                of them have the Add-on portion to them. You will need a program
                that will decompress ".zip" files for them like WinZip.

                http://www.notetab.com/dictionaries.htm

                You can use as many dictionaries as you want if you configure them
                in the View | Spell Checker Options... Do press the Help button for
                more detailed information in that window.

                The Spell Checker is a third party product along with any
                dictionaries we have for download. I can compile a dictionary if
                I have a word list, one word to a line. So, if you get me such a
                list, I can make a dictionary for you. The second link below
                would be the place that you would check periodically to see if
                one has been made.

                >> >2 Is there a spell check... how do I get a spell check for ntb
                >pro ?

                http://www.notetab.net

                Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
              • ARTIS
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 7, 2002
                  Jody wrote:

                  > Hi Artis,
                  >
                  > The latest dictionaries and thesaurus installation program can be
                  > found at:

                  Thanks Jody, I got the dictionary. I realise now I need to register ntb pro -
                  buy it - which I will do. It's proving to be just what I require. Thanks also
                  for the "modify lines" bit. Works well - still haven't got it to quite agree
                  with how tidy allocates lines, but I can live with that for now.
                  Cheers
                  Neil

                • john041650
                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 8, 2002
                    >still haven't got it to quite agree with how tidy allocates lines,
                    but I can live with that for now.
                    > Cheers
                    > Neil

                    Hi Neil,

                    Back in December I posted a clip in the ntp-clips list (not this HTML
                    one) which I wrote to match the line numbers in the active HTML
                    document in NoteTab, with HTML tidy's error results line numbers..
                    It turns the word wrap option off and the line numbers on in NTP (and
                    vice versa).. It was msg 7982 if you're interested.

                    Since then I've moved up to the CSE HTML Validator which, amongst
                    many other things, finds and highlights the errors..

                    John :)