line nos

  • ARTIS
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 5, 2002
      1 Once upon a time I knew something about programming lines. Can
      someone tell me what constitutes an html code line. I've begun using ntb
      pro, very helpful, I thought, with line numbers and all, BUT.. is there
      a standard html line. I have a bit of back and forth about code queries
      and like to be able to quote a line that means something. Depending how
      you format in ntb prok, eg, blank lines, line numbers take on different
      significance, and they are also at variance with line numbers html tidy
      is giving me.

      2 Is there a spell check... how do I get a spell check for ntb pro ?

      Thanks
      Neil

    • Lotta
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 5, 2002
        Hi Neil,

        >Depending how you format in ntb prok, eg, blank lines, line numbers take
        >on different
        >significance, and they are also at variance with line numbers html tidy
        >is giving me.

        I suspect that your problem is Word Wrap. Notetab numbers the "virtual",
        wrapped lines. To get the "real" line numbers that correspond to how
        another application, like Tidy, sees them you have to turn Word Wrap off.

        You find WW on the Document menu or you can toggle it on and off with CTRL
        + W. You may also have a button for it, depending on how you have things
        set up.

        >2 Is there a spell check... how do I get a spell check for ntb pro ?

        Tools | Spelling

        I don't remember if the spell checker is included in the download. If not,
        you have to download the setup program and the dictionaries you want from
        the Notatab site.
        http://www.notetab.com/dictionaries.htm

        Lotta
      • ARTIS
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 6, 2002
          Bruce Somers wrote:

          > I know what a spelling checker does. But what is a spell checker?
          > Are there programs that can determine, for example, whether I an under
          > the influence of a hypnotist or a voodoo priest?
          >
          > That takes the cake. Made my day! Thank you Bruce
          > Neil, the spell checker

        • ARTIS
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 6, 2002
            > >2 Is there a spell check... how do I get a spell check for ntb pro ?
            >
            > Tools | Spelling

            Thanks Lotta, but no spelling checker in tools, or anywhere else that I can see.
            Leave it with me. Thanks again.
            Neil

          • Don Passenger
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 6, 2002
              I think some html validators report line numbers for errors without counting
              the empty lines which are of no consequence to html.

              --
              Don Passenger
              mailto:dpasseng@...
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 6, 2002
                >Thanks Lotta, but no spelling checker in tools, or anywhere else that I
                >can see.
                >Leave it with me. Thanks again.

                Sorry Neil. Maybe you use Notetab Light? It doesn't have spell checker. :(
                http://www.notetab.com/chart.htm

                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 6, 2002
                  Hi Artis,

                  The latest dictionaries and thesaurus installation program can be
                  found at:

                  Setup program with English dictionaries and thesaurus
                  (size 1,394 KB; updated 8 May 2000)
                  http://www.notetab.com/ftp/dicts.exe

                  Run the dictionary installation program that you downloaded if
                  that is what you got - the file should be named: dicts.exe The
                  setup program should find your NoteTab installation, but if not,
                  browse to the folder you installed NoteTab in (C:\Program
                  Files\NoteTab Pro\ (or C:\Program Files\NoteTab Std\) is the
                  default path. Open the Dictionaries folder underneath it and
                  click on OK. The dictionaries and thesaurus will install at that
                  time.

                  Start up NoteTab and click on the main menu: View | Spell Checker
                  Options... If you do not see the dictionaries in the upper
                  window, use the Add button to browse to the folder you installed
                  them to. Click on English.dct and repeat the Add for AmerAdd.dct.
                  They should be found in the following folder if you installed
                  with the default installation path and depending on the program
                  you installed. (Click on the Help button in the Spell Checker
                  Options window for more information.)

                  C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Dictionaries\
                  C:\Program Files\NoteTab Std\Dictionaries\

                  In the Spell Checker Options windows you will see the following
                  listed:

                  Base English v2.01
                  American Add-on v2.01

                  Other dictionaries may be found at the following location. Not all
                  of them have the Add-on portion to them. You will need a program
                  that will decompress ".zip" files for them like WinZip.

                  http://www.notetab.com/dictionaries.htm

                  You can use as many dictionaries as you want if you configure them
                  in the View | Spell Checker Options... Do press the Help button for
                  more detailed information in that window.

                  The Spell Checker is a third party product along with any
                  dictionaries we have for download. I can compile a dictionary if
                  I have a word list, one word to a line. So, if you get me such a
                  list, I can make a dictionary for you. The second link below
                  would be the place that you would check periodically to see if
                  one has been made.

                  >> >2 Is there a spell check... how do I get a spell check for ntb
                  >pro ?

                  http://www.notetab.net

                  Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
                • ARTIS
                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 7, 2002
                    Jody wrote:

                    > Hi Artis,
                    >
                    > The latest dictionaries and thesaurus installation program can be
                    > found at:

                    Thanks Jody, I got the dictionary. I realise now I need to register ntb pro -
                    buy it - which I will do. It's proving to be just what I require. Thanks also
                    for the "modify lines" bit. Works well - still haven't got it to quite agree
                    with how tidy allocates lines, but I can live with that for now.
                    Cheers
                    Neil

                  • john041650
                    Message 9 of 9 , Feb 8, 2002
                      >still haven't got it to quite agree with how tidy allocates lines,
                      but I can live with that for now.
                      > Cheers
                      > Neil

                      Hi Neil,

                      Back in December I posted a clip in the ntp-clips list (not this HTML
                      one) which I wrote to match the line numbers in the active HTML
                      document in NoteTab, with HTML tidy's error results line numbers..
                      It turns the word wrap option off and the line numbers on in NTP (and
                      vice versa).. It was msg 7982 if you're interested.

                      Since then I've moved up to the CSE HTML Validator which, amongst
                      many other things, finds and highlights the errors..

                      John :)