Re: [NH] CSS QUERIE 2

  • ARTIS
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 2, 2002
      Hi Adam,
      I set the following styles to eliminate having to use the font tags for every
      text entry, but it seems once the styles were set, the font tags didn't work.
      In other words I couldn't use a combination of both. Hense trying to find a
      class solution for changing specific words in inside td tags. You mention span
      tags. I know of col span and row span - don't know how that would help ?
      <this is the style settings
      body {font-family: verdana, arial, san-serif; font-size: 75%;}
      td {font-family: verdana, arial, san-serif; font-size: 75%;}

      body.head1 {font-family: garamond, arial, san-serif; font-size:
      150%;}
      body.head2 {font-family: garamond, arial, san-serif; font-size: 100%;}
      td.head1 { font-family: garamond, arial, san-serif; font-size: 150%;}
      td.head2 { font-family: garamond, arial, san-serif; font-size: 100%;}
      ......./style>
      Niam
      Adam Weston wrote:

      > Niam wrote:
      > >What about if I want to change font type and size for specific
      > >text within a table cell (td.../td) using a class- I take it from
      > >your example the tbody would not be recommended.
      >
      > Your best bet there might be enclosing the specific text with a span tag to
      > which you assign a class.

    • ARTIS
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 3, 2002
        Thank you everyone and thank you especially, Adam, <span> works a charm and even
        html tidy thinks it's OK !
        Niam

        Adam Weston wrote:

        > Niam:
        >
        > I wasn't speaking of colspan or rowspan, just <span>......

      • Adam Weston
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 3, 2002
          Niam:

          I wasn't speaking of colspan or rowspan, just <span>. The span tag is just a
          container to which you can assign a style. I reccommend using that instead
          of <font>. For example, if you want the text in a particular <td> to have
          the "foo" style, but some of the text to have the "bar" style, try this:

          text</span> has the bar style</td>

          Good luck.

          : Adam Weston :
          : adam_weston@... :