[NH] Re: htmlib 4.0

  • Raymond Fitzgerald
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 15, 1999
      You're welcome, Bill.

      >do you know if it will run on windows 98 and netscape com 4.7 ??
      >
      >it says 95 on the page but not sure how current the page is ??

      No, don't know, but I'm willing to bet it does. I do know HTMLib 3 runs fine
      on Win NT 4!

      Cheers,
      Ray
    • Bill Scott
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 15, 1999
        I get the following error

        LBBTN.OCX is missing or corrupt ...

        runtime error 13

        I have downloaded it in the past .... has anyone else saw this

        maybe I should go to bkcoder ... <g>

        Happy Stockdoggin ......

        Bill *||:>)

        Online Puppy Tutorial

        http://www.stockdogsaction.com/puppies.htm
      • Bill Scott
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 15, 1999
          Bill Scott wrote:
          I get the following error

          LBBTN.OCX is missing or corrupt ...

          runtime error 13

          I have downloaded it in the past .... has anyone else saw this
          Can someone download that file to me maybe that will solve the problem without

          getting a new copy .... ?? mailto:bscott@...

          maybe I should go to bkcoder ... <g>

          Happy Stockdoggin ......

          Bill   *||:>)

          Online Puppy Tutorial

          http://www.stockdogsaction.com/puppies.htm

          The only fruitcake at overstock.com is our manager.
          He’s giving away a $20 coupon, plus our everyday Free Shipping.
          Take advantage of the savings and selection now.
          http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/2134

          -- http://www.egroups.com/VoiceChatPage?listName=ntb-html&m=1

        • Raymond Fitzgerald
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 15, 1999
            Hi Sanjay,

            >Thanks Bill and Ray.......that HTMLIB is really useful.....I always felt it
            hard
            >to remember the syntax and the books kept getting out-dated with new tags
            coming
            >along. I never knew something this user-friendly HTMLIB existed. (I am new
            >HTML game.)

            And you get to it with Ctrl+F11, right? That's the part I like best!

            Cheers,
            Ray
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 15, 1999
              Hi Bill,

              >> do you know if it will run on windows 98 and netscape com 4.7 ??
              >>
              >> it says 95 on the page but not sure how current the page is ??
              I can run 3 & (I think 4) on 98. 98 runs all 95 apps as far as I
              know. Same OS; just more features. (I'll check version 4 out
              later tonight when I get some time. The wife's ToDo list is
              burning a hole in my ears right now - the dog house is cold this
              time of year, ya know. ;)

              There is not that much difference in the code in 3 & 4. 3 is
              faster because it does not add all the multi-media junk. It is
              best for slower machines.

              I don't know what NS 4.7 Communictor would have to do with HTMLib
              Reference Library. I believe you need IE4 or 5 though to get it
              to work. I know ver 3 works with 98 for sure because that is what
              I have installed.

              > LBBTN.OCX is missing or corrupt ...
              > runtime error 13

              I do not have that. I suspect it is a VB file that would come in
              a package or a file that comes in IE4.

              http://www.sureword.com/notetab

              The NoteTab and Html List...
              mailto:Ntb-html-Subscribe@...
            • Bill Scott
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 15, 1999
                Thanks Jody .... I was just hoping maybe someone might have the lbbtn.ocx
                file so I did not have to download ie

              • Sanjay_Lulla@mail.bankone.com
                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 15, 1999
                  Hi Ray,

                  Might be i am missing something...but ctrl+F11 did not work for me. I get to it
                  from the win95 start menu or from a desktop shortcut.!

                  Does ctrl+F11 open the HTMLIB for you......?

                  Please let me know....

                  Thanks. Sanjay.

                  Raymond Fitzgerald <raymond.fitzgerald@...> on 12/15/99 10:41:38 AM

                  Please respond to ntb-html@egroups.com

                  To: "'ntb-html@egroups.com'" <ntb-html@egroups.com>
                  cc: (bcc: Sanjay Lulla/OH/BANCONE)
                  Subject: [NH] Re: htmlib 4.0

                  Hi Sanjay,

                  >Thanks Bill and Ray.......that HTMLIB is really useful.....I always felt it
                  hard
                  >to remember the syntax and the books kept getting out-dated with new tags
                  coming
                  >along. I never knew something this user-friendly HTMLIB existed. (I am new
                  >HTML game.)

                  And you get to it with Ctrl+F11, right? That's the part I like best!

                  Cheers,
                  Ray

                  Don?t have the time or patience to search for unique
                  products & services? Then click to let us find them for you.
                  You Request, We Respond. http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/1957

                  eGroups.com Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-html/
                • Ernie
                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 15, 1999

                    > Might be i am missing something...but ctrl+F11 did not work for me.

                    From the help file:

                    NoteTab makes the popular "The HTML Reference Library" (by Stephen Le
                    Hunte) available from the Help menu. If you have HTMLib version 3.0 or
                    older, you can install the package in the same directory as NoteTab.
                    Another method that works with all versions is to create a shortcut* to
                    the HTMLib.exe file in the NoteTab directory.

                    * to create the shortcut:
                    1. open Explorer and select the HTMLib file;
                    2. press Ctrl+C to copy it to the Clipboard;
                    3. select the NoteTab directory and choose the command "paste Shortcut"
                    from the Edit menu.

                    The menu command will be displayed in NoteTab after you restart it.
                    (in the help menu)
                  • Raymond Fitzgerald
                    Message 9 of 13 , Dec 15, 1999
                      Hi Sanjay,

                      >Might be i am missing something...but ctrl+F11 did not work for me. I get
                      to it
                      >from the win95 start menu or from a desktop shortcut.!
                      >
                      >Does ctrl+F11 open the HTMLIB for you......?

                      Yes, it does, and you're gonna love doing it that way! Sorry, I wasn't
                      thinking that one usually needs to take one extra step after installing
                      HTMLib, as covered real well by Ernie. Let us know if you're not rockin'
                      soon!

                      Ray
                    • Pierre Johnson
                      Message 10 of 13 , Dec 15, 1999
                        That's really cool. It will be a very useful feature, that I didn't see
                        documented before, though I used the HTML Libary often.

                        Pierre

                        > NoteTab makes the popular "The HTML Reference Library" (by Stephen Le
                        > Hunte) available from the Help menu.

                        Pierre Johnson
                        pwj@...
                        146, avenue Ledru-Rollin