Re: [NH] CSS QUERIE 2

  • ARTIS
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 2, 2002
      Grant or ......
      re the tbody tag. This will suit well in many cases. What about if I want to
      change font type and size for specific text within a table cell (td.../td)
      using a class- I take it from your example the tbody would not be recommended.
      It seems the font size-1 won't work if I have changed the default size by body
      class.
      Hope I'm making sense here...
      Niam

      Grant wrote:

      > A table can contain one or more tbody elements which can be given separate
      > classes.

      > <tbody>
      > </tbody>
      > <tbody>
      > </tbody>

    • ARTIS
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 2, 2002
        Hi Adam,
        I set the following styles to eliminate having to use the font tags for every
        text entry, but it seems once the styles were set, the font tags didn't work.
        In other words I couldn't use a combination of both. Hense trying to find a
        class solution for changing specific words in inside td tags. You mention span
        tags. I know of col span and row span - don't know how that would help ?
        <this is the style settings
        body {font-family: verdana, arial, san-serif; font-size: 75%;}
        td {font-family: verdana, arial, san-serif; font-size: 75%;}

        body.head1 {font-family: garamond, arial, san-serif; font-size:
        150%;}
        body.head2 {font-family: garamond, arial, san-serif; font-size: 100%;}
        td.head1 { font-family: garamond, arial, san-serif; font-size: 150%;}
        td.head2 { font-family: garamond, arial, san-serif; font-size: 100%;}
        ......./style>
        Niam
        Adam Weston wrote:

        > Niam wrote:
        > >What about if I want to change font type and size for specific
        > >text within a table cell (td.../td) using a class- I take it from
        > >your example the tbody would not be recommended.
        >
        > Your best bet there might be enclosing the specific text with a span tag to
        > which you assign a class.

      • Adam Weston
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 2, 2002
          Niam wrote:
          >What about if I want to change font type and size for specific
          >text within a table cell (td.../td) using a class- I take it from
          >your example the tbody would not be recommended.

          Your best bet there might be enclosing the specific text with a span tag to
          which you assign a class.

          >It seems the font size-1 won't work if I have changed the default
          >size by body class.

          Sorry, I don't understand what you mean.

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 3, 2002
            Thank you everyone and thank you especially, Adam, <span> works a charm and even
            html tidy thinks it's OK !
            Niam

            Adam Weston wrote:

            > Niam:
            >
            > I wasn't speaking of colspan or rowspan, just <span>......

          • Adam Weston
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 3, 2002
              Niam:

              I wasn't speaking of colspan or rowspan, just <span>. The span tag is just a
              container to which you can assign a style. I reccommend using that instead
              of <font>. For example, if you want the text in a particular <td> to have
              the "foo" style, but some of the text to have the "bar" style, try this:

              text</span> has the bar style</td>

              Good luck.

              : Adam Weston :
              : adam_weston@... :